*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect/Tourneo 2017 - Ford Sync Head Unit wiring layout

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect/Tourneo 2017 - Ford Sync Head Unit wiring layout

Postby huns » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:22 pm

I want to install a dashcam (Lukas WD), and it uses the radio head unit wires. But, Ford has no labels on them, and randomly messing with my wires does not seem to be a very good idea.
Anyone has a layout available?

Model: Connect/Tourneo 2017 - basically the 1.5L variants with NO AdBlue.
I have attached pictures.

I am looking for the 12V power, ACC and GND cables of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---------------------------------
- Transit MK8 LWB 2.2D 155 bhp - Trend - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw
- Tourneo Connect LWB 1.5D 120bhp - Titanium - Cam: Lukas WK-7950 Dual
- Mondeo MK4 2.2D 235bhp stage1 - Titanium - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw | 70mai Dash Cam Pro
huns
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Connect/Tourneo 2017 - Ford Sync Head Unit wiring layout

Postby huns » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Well, problem solved.
There is no ACC cable on modern Ford vehicles, they use CAN bus for ACC functionality.

So, you can use the "Antenna ready" cable. Which is green/yellow and gets 12V when you enter car, when you are in the car, and basically all the time UNTIL you leave it and PLUS 10 minutes or so. You hear this weird noise after 10 minutes, you can also see the instrument cluster jump around a bit, and the yellow light on the lock symbol goes off. That's when the signal goes 0V.

But yeah, 10 minutes for a dashcam is no power consumption, so yeah, it's perfectly fine for our ACC purpose.

So, how do you connect a dashcam anyway?
Well, at the electric store they had this small "vampire connectors" that just latch onto the existing ones. They are very tiny, and have "insulation gel" inside them.
You basically pop the yellow/green + 12V cable into one each, and then connect the corresponding camera cables too. That's it.

I used a Lukas WD 7950 Dual for my Tourneo as it has a rear window.
Keep in mind that 5m is the maximum USB length, and the back camera connects with USB. So if you have a Transit/Custom van and you want a rear camera, you will need an active USB hub somewhere in the middle of connection. So [CAMERA] -> [ 5M CABLE ] -> [ USB ACTIVE HUB ] -> [ 5M CABLE ] -> [ BACK CAMERA ]. The active hub needs power, so there is another thing. But you get the idea. Just research it beforehand.

Ps.: Found another great Turkish Ford "quality feature". They use metal clips to hold things and they go inside the painted metal directly. So even when they install it at the factory, they scrape off the paint. And of course, each removal scrapes it off more. Seriously these vehicles are planned for 5-10 years of use TOP, because they will just rust to hell and back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---------------------------------
- Transit MK8 LWB 2.2D 155 bhp - Trend - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw
- Tourneo Connect LWB 1.5D 120bhp - Titanium - Cam: Lukas WK-7950 Dual
- Mondeo MK4 2.2D 235bhp stage1 - Titanium - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw | 70mai Dash Cam Pro
huns
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect