*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect 2010 deadlocking not working

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect 2010 deadlocking not working

Postby Gordy Connect » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 am

Hi all,
I've read through many ford problems with central locking but can't find anything to fix my deadlocks on a 2010 LWB HR.
it started intermittently, sometimes deadlock from the remote or the key but recently the deadlocks have stopped working all together. What i have read the contacts on the side door seem to be the culprit. at present if you open the back doors the courtesy lights come on along with the front doors but if i open the side door no lights. i have cleaned the 3 pin contacts along with the plate side and still no joy with deadlocking.
if i drive into a tight right bend the interior light comes on and a warning on the dash saying the side door is open which it isn't. i have checked for any play in the side door and all seems tight along with the pin contacts on the plate. today i fitted a new 3 pin switch to the side door from ford thinking it was a faulty switch but fault still exsists. voltage has been checked before the switches and all seems fine. anyway of checking the plate switch could be faulty before i order one?
Gordy Connect

Return to Transit Connect