*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

folding passenger seat - does not lock into position

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

folding passenger seat - does not lock into position

Postby CHRIS_CONNECT » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi,
I folded down my passenger seat and then realised that the locking system is not working properly as the seat back will fold down without the use of the side levers the 'locking system' the levers control look to me to be stuck 'open' as the spring assisted bar that runs across the underside of the sear (lever to lever) is stuck and therefore all the rest of the parts that should move are stuck. There are two small hydraulic rams near the front of the seat that don't appear to be moving either....
Any idea on how to rectify?
I'm thinking about removing the seat to apply some downward force on the bar with a lump hammer :-)
CHRIS_CONNECT

Re: folding passenger seat - does not lock into position

Postby CHRIS_CONNECT » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Got it to lock back in the upright position today - needed to get the seat back moving up/down to free off the stiffness and then used a large screwdriver to ease the locating roundels into the correct position i.e. lowest and to the rear position.
So the seat back is now locked but at the moment the roundels are stuck so the seat back will not now fold down - more work to do!
CHRIS_CONNECT

Postby travelling man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 am

Perhaps a bit of lubrication will help.....

(as the actress said to the bishop)

:D
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ukEvans » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am

The first few times I had the passenger seat folded flat, I couldn't get it to lock back in place when upright. I then came to realise that to fold fully flat (down into the footwell as such) the seat actually slide across on the front rail/hinge/bracket. Now, when I lift the seat back into the upright position, I also kinda slide it sideways towards the centre and the locking pins locate no problem.
2013 Connect Trend Mk1 Facelift 90bhp T230 High Roof, LWB (a blank canvass)
2014 Transit Trend Mk8, L2H2 RWD 350, 155bhp (now traded for the above)
2008 Connect Mk1 75bhp, EGR Delete, remapped to 100bhp (still in the family)
ukEvans
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect