*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Team Heko window deflectors & winding handle issues!!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Team Heko window deflectors & winding handle issues!!

Postby ukEvans » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 am

I recently bought and fitted the Team Heko window deflectors, as recommended on here. I managed to install them with only a minor issue but it's in their daily operation thatim having problems and wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Once fitted, the (manual) windows became really stiff to operate! My 9 year old simply couldn't operate the windows anymore, my girlfriend needs two hands and on the drivers side (which is even stiffer than the passenger side!), the winding handle disintergrated whilst trying to get the window back up as it was so stiff!!

Firstly, has this happened to anyone else? I've double-checked and the deflectors are fitted correctly.

Secondly, are there any stronger (all metal construction?) window winding handles available anywhere?? As you know, they are of a kind of off-set design and so far, I've found none.
2013 Connect Trend Mk1 Facelift 90bhp T230 High Roof, LWB (a blank canvass)
2014 Transit Trend Mk8, L2H2 RWD 350, 155bhp (now traded for the above)
2008 Connect Mk1 75bhp, EGR Delete, remapped to 100bhp (still in the family)
ukEvans
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Team Heko window deflectors & winding handle issues!!

Postby Amarok » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Ok lets look at the problem logically.

Without the Team Heko Window deflectors the windows wind up and down freely with no problems

But with the Deflectors installed and from your description thereby restricting the window in the slot a 'minor issue' is its nearly impossible to wind the windows up and subsequently the winding handle is stripped !!
with respect friend how would getting a stronger handle fix this ? you would still need Britain's strongest man to wind up the windows or are you thinking an old engineer once said to me

don't force it get a bigger hammer !

simple problem
were the deflectors designed for the Transit connect ? YES/NO

if NO well they don't fit and need work
Amarok

Postby ukEvans » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Thank you for the reply. I get all that and did think along the same lines, however, there seemed to be so many positive comments about the window deflectors (and they do do a great job) that I wondered if I was missing something.
2013 Connect Trend Mk1 Facelift 90bhp T230 High Roof, LWB (a blank canvass)
2014 Transit Trend Mk8, L2H2 RWD 350, 155bhp (now traded for the above)
2008 Connect Mk1 75bhp, EGR Delete, remapped to 100bhp (still in the family)
ukEvans
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Amarok » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:40 am

My personal experience with quality Wind deflectors on my Disco was they come with small stainless clips that fit in the window runners these are paper thin and fit tight into the channel (Dab of Super Glue) so the window can run freely in the channel once you have this working then attach the deflector
Ok ?
Amarok

Return to Transit Connect