*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central locking & interior lights

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Central locking & interior lights

Postby pce-hq13 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 am

Hi. I have a 2009 ford transit connect lwb ex-police van and wires everywhere, had it a week but now the interior lights (3 of them) used to switch on when van was opened on remote but now suddenly nothing will not even switch on on the light, all fuses are ok also the remote central locking used to press twice it would double deadlock and indicators flash twice now nope I have to check each door to see if there locked usually the rear doors are unlocked and lock with key, to unlock the doors I press the boot unlock button as door unlock button does nothing but it used to lol, driving me crazy apologies for long post.
Thank you for any help given

Paul.
pce-hq13
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Central locking & interior lights

Postby pce-hq13 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi. After some research I have possibly found out the cause, I have found out it may be the Battery Saver Relay which is causing my problems, apparently it switches off the lights if doors are open for a certain time and it could also be causes my central locking issues, any one know where the Battery Saver Relay is located?

Paul.
pce-hq13
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect