*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect 1.6 2014 spare tyre cradle/carrier

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect 1.6 2014 spare tyre cradle/carrier

Postby tylermonk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:28 am

Hi, just purchased the above van and noticed that it has space in the rear underneath for a spare tyre.
There are plenty of tyre carriers on the internet for the transit connects, however these are usually listed as for the 2002-2013 Connect (mk1).
There doesn’t seem to be any listed as 2014 onwards. Am I missing something? Will the mk1 carrier fit into the mk2?
Cheers
Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tylermonk

Re: Transit Connect 1.6 2014 spare tyre cradle/carrier

Postby Mr b » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 pm

You've probably had this spare stolen, the van comes with a spare tyre fitted underneath.

I had mine stolen recently

Mr B
Mr b
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Transit Connect 1.6 2014 spare tyre cradle/carrier

Postby T i m » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Mr b wrote:You've probably had this spare stolen, the van comes with a spare tyre fitted underneath.

I had mine stolen recently

Even though we replaced the wire winch thingy on daughters 2003 Connect I can't remember if you could get at anything allowing the spare to be nickable, and certainly not the wire thingy?

Were they vulnerable or is it just that the / a later design is more so (I don't need the details for obvious reasons etc)?

Are there any tricks for making either design (if different) more secure whilst not making access to the spare more difficult than necessary?

Cheers, T i m
T i m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect