*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Interchangable parts? 2010-2013

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Interchangable parts? 2010-2013

Postby Shinobiwan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:23 am

Hey everyone. I apologize in advance if this question has already been thoroughly answered, im having troubles navigating the forrums at the moment. Im pretty new here but ill get the swing of things soon.

Just curious how interchangeable the parts are for transit connects?

The 2010-2013 transit connects over here in the USA, are all incredibly similar looking.

I Just picked up a 2013 transit connect. The base'st of the base models. No cruise control, no power windows, an incredibly simple am/fm tuner.. Everything is just plane out bland and it seems no options were added. Its in near new shape and has just over 20k miles, and the price was right so i jumped on it. It truly is no frills. There is a picture in my welcome post.

I found a 2010 transit connect XLT in a junkyard about 40 minutes away from where i live, that had a lot more options, power windows, cd-player and everything inside the vehicle looked incredibly similar. Mainly i want to pull out the power window motors for the doors, "i would just take the doors out entirely, but someone cut the locks out of the car in the junkyard, so they are useless", and take the buttons that control them that are between the driver and passenger seat, install the motors, tracks and wiring in my standard base doors, and install the switch where it would go in my model. There is just a blank empty square where it would be between the seats.

Does anyone know if the frames/bodys changed much at all between these years? i can post pictures if necessary
Shinobiwan

Re: Interchangable parts? 2010-2013

Postby Shinobiwan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:25 am

Also the cdplayer seems to be the same exact size as the space for my radio,. Would i run into anti-theft errors if i tried installing it in my transit?
Shinobiwan

Re: Interchangable parts? 2010-2013

Postby Shinobiwan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 am

Also, i realize now that this is in the Transit custom forum and not the Transit Connect forum. Can an admin please move my post! sorry and thank you!
Shinobiwan

Return to Transit Connect