*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

various immobiliser faults

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

various immobiliser faults

Postby rob nufc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm

hello everyone, im a newbie to the forum but checked it out for years. hope someone can shed some light on my immobilser issues,

my van is a 2004 connect 1.8tddi which i had a postal re map done from a guy on here years ago (75bhp is pretty poor),
my issues started recently when the flashing led started and various fault codes associated with it too. however the van cranked and started every time for a good 3 months.

this week it has not started on 2 separate occasions, but after quite a few goes with all 3 of my fully working keys it eventually started.
any suggestions as to why it still cranks and starts when the led is flashing like mad?
any ideas on which may be faulty components?
codes i have had have been 23 which is ecu id mismatch, 15 key not programmed into immo module, and 16 faulty link between immo module and ecu?
even with these codes its been starting and running.
once i got it going today it started about 90 times with random selection of my 3 keys then failed a few times.

im a bit worried ill be stuck somewhere when either the starter packs up from overuse or the battery fails before i get it going. :evil:

thanks in advance for any more info.
rob nufc

Re: various immobiliser faults

Postby APH » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm

The EDC (electronic module) on the diesel pump is failing, its exactly the same on the mk6 tddi transits. Can cause intermittent immobiliser light issues, and non starts, until eventually it wont start at all anymore.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: various immobiliser faults

Postby rob nufc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:05 pm

APH wrote:The EDC (electronic module) on the diesel pump is failing, its exactly the same on the mk6 tddi transits. Can cause intermittent immobiliser light issues, and non starts, until eventually it wont start at all anymore.

Andy :D

i know im a bit late in thanking for the reply!!!!! but cheers

the issue dissapeared for over a year! but has now re appeared in a different but similar form.
looking like the pump issues you mentioned.

please see my new thread. in transit connect forum
rob nufc

Return to Transit Connect