*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No heating and cold heater hose

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

No heating and cold heater hose

Postby ollieconnect » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 am

Excuse any stupid questions, bit of a newbie but enjoying learning as I go.

So picked up an 07 TDCI Connect a few weeks back, the first drive heating was all good but hasn't worked since then. The heater now only blows freezing cold air no matter what heat or fan speed it's set on. The engine temp dial always sits about a third up from cold, never gets to the middle. The left skinny heater hose pipe going from reservoir to top left of rad is cold, the other skinny hose is hot. Would this mean a blocked rad?

I've been trying to trouble shoot, here's what I've got so far:
There's a change in tone when you turn the temp dial so I think the flaps opening.
I've drained, flushed and filled the coolant plus removed and blown out the skinny heater hoses going to the reservoir.
Checked the fuse.
Thermostat has been changed.

I've tried to pump out any air as best as I can, but think there may still be some in there.
I want to check the hoses going to the heater matrix but can't see them, I know they go through the firewall, has anyone got a photo?

Thanks for any help, this has got me stumped!
ollieconnect

Re: No heating and cold heater hose

Postby ollieconnect » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 am

Bump, any ideas anyone? Changed thermostat again to make sure but still no luck
ollieconnect

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 am

When it's running can you see the fluid dropping from the top hose back in the cooling bottle cause if not it could be the water pump
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tez » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 am

ollieconnect wrote:Bump, any ideas anyone? Changed thermostat again to make sure but still no luck

hv you checked the restrictor in the expansion near the h /tank as they get blocked some times
tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect