*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect Tuning Advice

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect Tuning Advice

Postby ciath » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:18 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but have taken notes as it is a wealth of information on all things transit. Kudos to all you guys in the community for helping each other out.
I have just started using one of my employees old vans for myself on the road. I am an IT technician by the way. I dont carry much tools but in Ireland we are required to have a commercial vehicle for callouts.

Anyhow it is a 2006 Transit Connect T220 LWB High Roof 75PS 1.8 TDDI. When I got it it had an amount of issues which have now been sorted to some extent. Van had no coolant, low on power steering fluid, no radio, turbo hoses leaking all which I have now fixed. It still has an issue with cold starts which I presume are heater/glow plugs which I am going to look at later today. Also the clutch is on the way out.

I have been researching and researching but I have gone through so much information at this point I would like to ask for help. The van was badged as a TDCI and is on the book as a TDCI but it is in fact the older TDDI. I had all my research done banking on that it was a TDCI, even had a 115PS Focus lined up to get the engine, box and ecu out of but that has fallen through now as I am not up for swapping looms and too much messing about.

My everyday car is a 2016 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 150PS so the van is essentially half the power. I want to do everything I can to get a bit more oomph out of that van. I have planned an EGR Delete. I have a friend who is going to remap it to about 120PS. Hard to get rolling road remaps here in Ireland so this guy gets his files from some UK company and I havent had an issue with him in the past. When I am getting the clutch done I was considering changing the box to the focus gearbox as it may better suit my driving. I believe I need the focus gearbox with the speed sensor on it but how will this effect the speed which is displayed on the dash? I know this is a noob question but would the clock be calibrated differently to each gearbox or is it just a case of swap it in and it will be fine? I know you have to swap the selector/linkages but the speedometer I was unsure about.

Any other advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated?
ciath

Re: Transit Connect Tuning Advice

Postby liteace » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Your best bet is wait for another 115 focus and do a complete engine, gearbox swap, loom with engine out is easy to change, I done the same with mine, apart from loom as mine is a tdci, I'm dead happy with it.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=149429&hilit=F9da

As for dash / speedo that's the easy part, you just change the settings in the ford díag software
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mrtn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 pm

The speed sensor signals correct speed if it’s the correct one for the box.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ciath » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. One thing I forgot to mention is I have another 06 Connect T200 with same engine that another one of my employees hit a wall with and rolled it. Vans wrote off but still runs so I have some salvageable bits. It had just gotten a new clutch prior to him crashing it too. If I could Id like to tune up the TDDI as much as I can but on a budget, have my cake and eat it we will say :D but anyhow ill set about looking for a focus box nearby. Unfortunately 115 focus are rare as hell here in Ireland. I spotted one for €400 a few weeks ago and now cant find any for sale.
ciath

Return to Transit Connect