*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Transit Connect 2014 Heater Trouble

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Ford Transit Connect 2014 Heater Trouble

Postby tylermonk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Having come to my first winter in this van, I’ve found that the heaters are sub par.

The heaters only function when my Revs are around 2000 or higher, at that point it blows warm air, if I stop or brake and drop below 2000ish then it’s only cold air.

It also goes without saying that all controls are set so heat should be coming.

As you can imagine this sucks in traffic. I’ve checked my coolant levels and it’s all fine.

However, when I checked the coolant, the level was below min, when I started to undo the cap, air was released and coolant flooded back into the reservoir, I’m unsure whether this is normal, thought I’d mention it though just in case.

Cheers

Tyler
tylermonk

Re: Ford Transit Connect 2014 Heater Trouble

Postby Kenton » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

Sounds like you could have an air lock in the coolant system?
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Ford Transit Connect 2014 Heater Trouble

Postby Boghopper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Tylermonk, After Iast had to drain the coolant the only way I could shift the trapped air was to drive the van until hot then leave the expansion tank cap off all night. I would give the hoses a good squeeze before I went in as well. In the morning, when I came back out the level in the tank would have dropped markedly. I would then top it up and do the same the next night. until the level had settled and was the same in the morning as it was the previous night. I had to do this for about four nights until all the air was out the system. I had no heat from my heater and the temp gauge was all over the place prior to doing this.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect