*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit connect faulty injectors

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

ford transit connect faulty injectors

Postby johnxr318 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 pm

hi a bit off advice again i got a 2005 tddi connect van ex rac with 220000 on the clock the van starts up fine and good on fuel last week when part up for a day i got in it started fine but a bit off smoke but clear up after about 15 min but still a bit of smoke look light grey .and the slight noise and running like misfire on idle like on 3 cylinders a friend said i got a injector down any advice you good people thanks for all help in the passed
johnxr318
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ford transit connect faulty injectors

Postby Kenton » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 am

I have a similar issue to you. Although the van is generally smooth when it starts these days, i do have some evenings when it starts very lumpy, and if i hang aroung 1500RPM the engine wobbles and feels exactly like a missfire. I have drawn from a lot of conclusions that the injectors need changing. I am ok with this - except for the price of the new injectors!! I am currently saving up for a new set of four (being skint post Christmas :cry: ) Have been quoted at cheapest, £350....

Good luck mate, hope you get it sorted!
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit