*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Loss of Power

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Loss of Power

Postby Connect12 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi All,

Hoping you can help possibly help me. I have owned my 2003 transit connect for 10 years and haven’t experienced many problems up until now. Out of the blue I suddenly experienced a loss of power, as if the turbo isn’t working. No warning lights whatsoever on my dashboard, the van was struggling to make any speed whatsoever. I have since taken it to go a garage where they have changed the fuel filter, a couple of sensors and have changed the ecu, all of which hasn’t fixed the issue. The garage are now suggesting the fuel pump may be to blame, however I have lost confidence with the garage as they have assured me every time they have replaced a component that it was definitely the root cause of the fault, which clearly it wasn’t.

Just to emphasise the van was running completely fine up until it lost power, it also still starts fine and idles as usual. If anybody could point me in the right direction as to what this may be I would be extremely grateful.
Connect12

Re: Loss of Power

Postby g-man » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:29 pm

welcome m8y :) ........i take it the garage has had a code reader on it?
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mrtn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 am

I may sound like a broken record, but boost sensor and its tubing may be at fault. Cheap fix.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Kenton » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

mrtn wrote:I may sound like a broken record, but boost sensor and its tubing may be at fault. Cheap fix.

If it's the small thin black tube at the back, that's what mine was! Tube was cracked. Replaced it and full power again!
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mrtn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Correct.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Connect12 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Many thanks for all the replies and the welcome, greatly appreciated.

The garage read the codes (unfortunately they didn't want to tell me what these codes were), they replaced the items which were allegedly faulty relating to the codes but this didn't work, this is when they suggested that the ecu most be faulty and replaced that also.

Unfortunately the garage still have the van and want to now go down the avenue of changing the fuel pump but as stated I have lost confidence in them and wish to try and have a look at the items you have all stated.

Could there possibly be anything else that could be wrong with the van other than what you have already stated?
Connect12

Return to Transit Connect