*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Changed Master cylinder and pedal on floor

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Changed Master cylinder and pedal on floor

Postby _matt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 am

Ive just changed the master cylinder on mine (2004 connect) as the pedal went floppy and i had to bleed every few months so wanted to do a permanent fix.

I am now stuck with the pedal to the floor even after bleeding (gunsen easy bleeder)

Whats strange is we tried running the easy bleeder with no fluid in the bottle and nothing came out of the bleed nipple, nor did the fluid drop from the reservoir?
_matt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Changed Master cylinder and pedal on floor

Postby _matt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Also, i seem to have rounded off the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder/clutch? but i cannot find one to buy, only bleed screws for the calipers? Or are they the same part ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-RELEASE- ... SwdIFXxVzQ

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford ... 2910347861
_matt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mk2dk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Matt
I was struggeling a bit after my clutch change. The pedal didn't return, just stayed on the floor. I connected a 2 meter plastic hose to the bleed nipple on the clutch pipe and routed it under the windscreen wiper and along the screen. Opened the nipple and pumped the pedal till the fluid reached the end of the hose. Then just waited and the fluid slowly returned and pushed the air back into the reservoir. It's important to always keep the reservoir at max during this, to avoid air getting into the system.
mk2dk
mk2dk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby _matt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 am

mk2dk wrote:Hi Matt
I was struggeling a bit after my clutch change. The pedal didn't return, just stayed on the floor. I connected a 2 meter plastic hose to the bleed nipple on the clutch pipe and routed it under the windscreen wiper and along the screen. Opened the nipple and pumped the pedal till the fluid reached the end of the hose. Then just waited and the fluid slowly returned and pushed the air back into the reservoir. It's important to always keep the reservoir at max during this, to avoid air getting into the system.
mk2dk

So just to clarify, hose on the clutch/slave bleed nipple, and then make sure the other end is above the reservoir like this terrible picture below:

_matt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby _matt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Also I now have fluid on the footwell leaking from the master cylinder even tho this is new. Any ideas ?
_matt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm

_matt wrote:
mk2dk wrote:Hi Matt
mk2dk

So just to clarify, hose on the clutch/slave bleed nipple, and then make sure the other end is above the reservoir like this terrible picture below:

Pressure bleed clutch by filling the system thru bleed nipple at CSC (slave) & watch of level in brake reservoir. :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby _matt » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:01 am

How can you fill via the CSC bleed nipple?

Is there more than one bleed point? I only know about the one on the sort of top of the gear box/clutch, I assume thats the slave one?
_matt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mk2dk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi matt.
Yes just as your picture shows. When the fluid reach the upper end of the hose, just leave the clutch pedal in upper position, and the fluid slowly retracts and ends in the reservoir. It's important to keep the level at max, because brake/clutch is the same reservoir, the clutch system picks up the fluid from a higher point inside the reservoir. This is done to avoid brake failure caused by a leaking clutch.
mk2dk
mk2dk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 pm

_matt wrote:How can you fill via the CSC bleed nipple?

Is there more than one bleed point? I only know about the one on the sort of top of the gear box/clutch, I assume thats the slave one?

Pump fluid into clutch system via bleed nipple on CSC - (The bleed nipple on gearbox) :wink:

csc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Connect