*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central locking on a transit connect 2010

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Central locking on a transit connect 2010

Postby Dan sheraton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Hello just wondering if anyone can help me??
I have 2010 transit Connect and have problems with my central locking!
Sometimes my side door and back door will unlock then other times it won’t unlock at all!
There’s power going to the doors as I can hear it trying to unlock when I use the fob but it seems like it doesn’t have the power the actually move the latch!
I’ve changed the battery on the van and battery in the key fob but still no joy
Just wondering if anyone’s had the same
Problem or whether it’s the locking mechanism that needs replacing???
Cheers
Dan sheraton

Re: Central locking on a transit connect 2010

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Dan sheraton wrote:Hello just wondering if anyone can help me??
Sometimes my side door and back door will unlock then other times it won’t unlock at all!
There’s power going to the doors as I can hear it trying to unlock when I use the fob but it seems like it doesn’t have the power the actually move the latch!
Cheers

Might just be the door position itself which needs adjusting, if the latch is under load when trying to unlock, they will often struggle, as the rollers and latches wear a bit, the door will tend to drop slightly, might only be a mm or so but that's all it takes.

If I park my van on a slope or unlevel ground, the van chassis will twist slightly and cause the lock mechanism to load up a bit, pushing on the door adjacent to the lock mechanism whilst using the fob sometimes helps.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Central locking on a transit connect 2010

Postby Dan sheraton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Dan sheraton wrote:Hello just wondering if anyone can help me??
Cheers

Might just be the door position itself which needs adjusting, if the latch is under load when trying to unlock, they will often struggle, as the rollers and latches wear a bit, the door will tend to drop slightly, might only be a mm or so but that's all it takes.

If I park my van on a slope or unlevel ground, the van chassis will twist slightly and cause the lock mechanism to load up a bit, pushing on the door adjacent to the lock mechanism whilst using the fob sometimes helps.

Lord Knobrot

Yeah sometimes the side will open and not the back! With the back doors open I try to unlock and lock the van but the actual latch don’t move, I’ve tested the power going to the doors and it’s full voltage so I can’t think what else it can be apart from the lock mechanism
Dan sheraton

Return to Transit Connect