*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear 12v supply socket (ciggy lighter)

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Rear 12v supply socket (ciggy lighter)

Postby satinatransit » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 am

Just bought a 2017 connect L2 Limited and expected a 12v supply in the back. Theres a bung there in the plastic side panel and many posts would suggest the wiring is in there taped back. I had the little access panel off and had a look inside and sure enough next to some module in there, (not sure what???!??) there was a couple of wires taped up. One had a single orange spade type insulated connector and the other had 3 or four tiny pins in it. I had to stop there and go and do something else.
My questions are....... 1) am I looking for a 'T' shaped power and earth connector in one block? 2) is the single orange one the constant live power and I have to put my own earth to one of the local studs? 3)what is the funny delicate looking 3 or four pin plug that was taped up next to it?
My next question is, can I 'piggy back' or spur from the super LED loading light in the back to put one on the other side in the empty slot or will i also find a loose loom for that? I'm assuming that the empty one is for a twin side loading door? I'm hoping to get the light from a salvage place at sensible money.
Thanks for having a look at this.
Cheers
satinatransit

Return to Transit Connect