*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dodgy spray job or cheap bumper fault?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Dodgy spray job or cheap bumper fault?

Postby SamuelDicks » Mon May 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Hello Chaps,

First post here, sadly it has to be a moan. I own a Ford Transit Connect Trend 2011, which I'm converting into a mini camper.

I bought a new bumper of Ebay for £60 or so, came primed or at least sealed no bare metal showing. The old on was destroyed by the previous owner.

I took to a local body workshop and had sprayed white, end caps and all to match the front bumper. Around the edges of the bumper it has started to rust and you can see bubbles under the paint, only around the edges. It is worse on the bottom of the bumper, but you can only see this by looking underneath of the van. The spray job was done in December 2017. Its been showing rust since February this year.

I took it into the garage and they said it was due to the cheap bumper and it not having enough wax or seal on it to begin with, who's at fault is it a quick spray job or the replacement parts? I'm not sure who to believe. I'm looking for some advise what to do next?

View from Top
fullsizeoutput_1247.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1248.jpeg

View from Bottom
fullsizeoutput_124a.jpeg

IMG_1706.JPG

Cheers
Sam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamuelDicks

Return to Transit Connect