*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Alternator connector pinout?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Alternator connector pinout?

Postby Taki100 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,

About a year ago i discovered that i had a broken wire in the short loom coming from the alternator which had been fixed by the previous owner and had rebroken. I fixed this and after a year it broke again. Instead of fixing it again i ordered a new lead from ebay. I replaced the old lead and chucked it only to find that the light was still coming on. I thought this might clear after a good charge but i later found the cable was wired with every pin in the wrong position.

Could anybody verify what the wire colours should be on the alternator connector while plugged in from top to bottom please? Is it top red middle blue bottom grey?

I am still having problems with the van not starting occasionally and the van always seems to be charging at 14.3v no matter what the load so i am wondering if it is a smart charge problem.

Oh and the alternator, and starter motor have been replace in thw last month and thw battery was replaced 18 months ago.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Taki100

Return to Transit Connect