*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2013 locking questions

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2013 locking questions

Postby WiredElectronix » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:02 am

Hi,

I have just bought a 2013 transit connect xlt for my business and have seen a big security issue for my tools. I have installed a bulkhead behind the driver seat before the slider doors, but the unlock switch in the front will unlock the sliders and not the rear doors but i need the sliders to only be unlocked by the fob or key ONLY. Is there any possible way to do this factory hardware? I can do it easily with an aftermarket option but id like to stay away from that.
WiredElectronix

Re: 2013 locking questions

Postby richgold » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:08 am

Different locking options can be set using IDSfor larger transits so I can only assume its the same for the samller variants.
Its either a dealer job or you need someone who has IDS.

Just as an aside, you're not leaving the rear locks as standard are you? They are easily opened.
I've found slamlocks to be a good idea, or in your case it sounds like you'd benefit from deadlocks.
Vauxhall Nova GTE 1300 1988 in Royal Blue - My garage ornament.
Volkswagen Crafter 136 LWB 2016 back in white and staying that way! SOLD!!!
Transit 115 Jumbo 2010 - SOLD!
Audi TT 225 Roadster - SOLD!
Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB 2004 - SOLD!
richgold
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 2013 locking questions

Postby WiredElectronix » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks for the reply once the tranny is replaced on wed ill go to the ford dealer and see what they say.

And as far as the locks staying stock yes they are but i am adding some puck style locks on the exterier.
WiredElectronix

Return to Transit Connect