*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

brakes squealing since wheel bearing renewal

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

brakes squealing since wheel bearing renewal

Postby decci » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Guys can anybody help me .I replaced 2 Front wheel bearings a month ago .i did all the work myself .Pressed them out and in carefully with my hydraulic press.I torqued everything as posted on this forum .problem is the pads are slightly pressing not hard mind you as wheel turns easily .Both sides are exactly the same .tries checking for sticking caliper but have now noticed there id a heavy score line on one piston side in the middle of discs identical on the other side .I got the bearings on ebay .Think a forum member here sells them anyway the were cheap and spin smooth as silk.Hopefully someone may have came across this before .Thanks.. decci
decci

Re: brakes squealing since wheel bearing renewal

Postby Brains_transit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 pm

The flexis might have collapsed inside or try bleeding the calipers and copper slip all the contact points.
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Kenton » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Aside from your main problem, new pads usually have ever such a slight drag on the discs until the pressure is equalized, and the pads have lost a slight edge. You may know this, but just for the people who might not. Good luck with the main issue mate :)
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby decci » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks Guys for the replies ...I didnt replace the pads as i done them both discs and pads 3 months with no issues ...i copper-ed all the necessary places ..As i said there is now a heavy score in the middle of one side of each of the discs..Pity i didnt photo it.I m memorized i never came across this before.might me better to get 2 secondhnd hubs or press out bearings and see is there a fraction in size .at the time they looked ok but didnt think much about it .ill see and will keep you posted ...cheers
decci

Postby decci » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Brains_transit wrote:The flexis might have collapsed inside or try bleeding the calipers and copper slip all the contact points.

Yeah i might try the hoses i remember i had a caliper drop while tying it up ...A hose would be great if it were that Thanks
decci

Return to Transit Connect