*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2022 Transit Connect - 1.5 TDi - Auto - Limited Few Issues

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2022 Transit Connect - 1.5 TDi - Auto - Limited Few Issues

Postby Simon Audi » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi All

I have had my Connect since new in May 2022 - Its used Primarily for my Dogs (4 St Bernards)

I have had 3 reoccurring problems

1. Rear Doors

On a number of occasions - I have come out to the van in the morning and both rear door are slightly open - I use the side door for 2 dogs then after the side door load - go to the back and do the rear door load of the next 2 dogs.

In the past - I assume its just me not closing it properly.

But today... I had the same issue and know that I drove it yesterday after using it for the dogs - without using back doors and without any warning messages on dash (door open) and No alarm chirps when I locked the car.

So has anyone else had their rear doors open themselves? STRANGE...

2. Auto Box

On Maybe 15 or 20 occasions I reverse from the drive - put car in drive - move forward maybe 5 to 10 foot and car grinds to a halt - there is a clunk and then car behaves as normal. No issues until next time.

Only ever occurs after first start in morning and only when the weather is cold.

Anyone else had this?

I take it reverse is staying engaged when in drive - causing the lock up then it sorts itself out.

THOUGHTS??

3. Front Parking Sensors

Basically they have around a 3 or 4 second delay before they Buzz or stay buzzing for 3 or 4 seconds after you clear an obstacle.

That basically means that creeping onto my drive (3 to 5 MPH) I am almost touching the garage door before any sound or visual warning - they are OE Sensors fitted at the factory.

Again - Anyone else have the same issue?

THANKS
Simon Audi

Re: 2022 Transit Connect - 1.5 TDi - Auto - Limited Few Issu

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:04 pm

well only having a mk1, im not familiar with the lock/catch mechanism in your van ..
but if similar ,...there is a hook like device within it ..that on contact with the receiver...pushes up , then springs down onto the receiver ..if the mechanism was stiff ..it would stay up and not spring down ..so needs lubing. also the outside handle can sometimes stick in the pulled out position.

the other two questions sorry cant answer, other than: transmission - check level, if older i would be saying change oil ..but being a 2022 says that is not the answer.

being 2022 ..isn't it still under the manufacturers warranty.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Simon Audi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:57 am

Hi - Yes Van Still under WTY and will go for its first service around April / May when it gets to 2 years old - will still be under the 12500 miles.

I will raise the questions then - but based on 30 years of dealing with new car dealerships - unless the issue is present and smacking them in the face when they look at the car the answer will likely be either.

1. They all do that sir.

2. There is nothing wrong with it sir.

Thanks
Simon Audi

Postby metalworker0 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm

Far as the auto transmissions concerned - it could be a case of "they all do that "

think about it

its colder...so in fuel enrichment mode...so the revs are up a bit, then you put it in drive and it clunks in. -----would expect that ..but not the delay

are there different grades of ATF ..maybe thinner for colder climates ? you don't say where you are.

sorry don't know bugger all about parking sensors

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Simon Audi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi the clunk is the car coming to a sudden stop - assume from transmission - like breaks have been applied harshly..
Simon Audi

Postby Simon Audi » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:33 am

OK

So the Van went in for its first Service at 22 months and 12200 miles (I changed the oil myself at 6,000)

They did the Service (Oil and Filter Change and Pollen Filter Change) - £326...... WTF....

Anyway asked them to look at all 3 issues - No fault codes and could find nothing wrong

The Autobox - Nothing Wrong With it - that's how they are sir

Parking sensors - that's how they are - you just need to drive slower to allow more time to react..

When there - I asked how much the next Service (4 years - 25,000 Miles) was - £530.... they change the fuel filter too.

Also surprised they gave me a Years AA... I said why are you doing that.... It comes with 3 Years WTY and AA as standard..... No sir ... Just 1 Year AA as Standard....

Why do You pay more than a Car for the Vehicle - Get Less (No Interior) - Pay Higher Service Costs - Get Less Support (No 3 YR AA)

Go Figure.... RANT over....
Simon Audi

Return to Transit Connect