*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect Remote Locking

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect Remote Locking

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Im a 1st time owner of an 06 Transit Connect 1.8TDCI in ireland.

When i picked up the vehicle there was no key fob to operate the central locking you just use the key.

Ive since found that the side door doesnt lock with the central locking and is secured using the catch on the inside.

ive been back to the dealer and he says that the remote keyfob only came out on the 07 onwards and therefore nothing that he can do. Ive since not bothered using the side door as it means climbing in from the rear to open it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a keyfob and get it programmed
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Transit Connect Remote Locking

Postby ME » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:15 pm

My 56 has the Remote fob :|
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:20 pm

i thought as much....the salesman is 'fobbing' me off by the sounds of it, (excuse the pun)

as its a used vehicle it seems the remote has gone missing somewhere...and if the salesman is trying to 'fob' me off its maybe because they are expensive.
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Connects have had remote locking since they come out in 2002 (some didnt, but most did!)

Switch your ignition on and off 8 times and see if your door locks cycle. If they do, you have got remote locking, if they dont you havent!
If you have got remote locking, get a remote (square one, same as the mk6 transit) ignition on and off 8 times again, leave the ignition on on the 8th time and press one of the buttons on the remote wait for the lock to cycle switch ignition off and hey presto!! it should be programmed :D

For the side door not locking, check the contact pins at the front of the door and the B pillar, they may be damaged or just not making contact, if they are ok its probably the latch itself (ive done quite a few connect latches :roll: )

p.s remotes are about £40 for ford :shock:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 pm

What a mind of information......thats fantastic advice, im just going out to see, ill let you know the outcome
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:39 pm

it appears that i dont have central locking, i assume that when you say ignition on & off 8 times you just mean fully off to on ( i know it sounds silly)

if all transits connects going back have had it im suprised an 06 doesnt have it, unless its an irish spec thing
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 pm

ive just tried the on/off 8times thing again with no luck, the door contacts seem ok but i cleaned them anyway still no locking on side door.

I cant beleive Ford could make it without remote locking it must be harder to do it for some and not for others.

Im still puzzled, but glad i didnt buy a remote.
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:08 pm

Assumig that i dont have remote locking...but i do have central locking.....ve obviously got to change the door contact on the sliding door to enable it lock....is there something I can get/do to convert it to remote locking :)
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:11 pm

Some dont come with any central or remote locking, usually customer request (why anybody doesnt want it baffles me!!)
Has yours got key locks on all doors?
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 pm

all doors except the side slider :? :?
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:24 pm

The only way to say you deffinitley havent got remote locking is the part number on the central locking module, This is under the passenger side footwell/glovebox. If you can get this number i can check it at work to see if its with/without remote locking. (you will need to take the bit of trim out, held in by 4 plastic screws, then look up the A pillar and there is a little black box with a green and blue multiplugs going to it, on the box there will be a sticker with a number like 6c1t-1234-ab on it, thats the number to check what it is)

If its not a remote one, then you would need a suitable module and get it programmed in, or have an alarm fitted with a remote :wink:

The side door, its worth checking you got feeds and earths to the latch before replacing anything :D (it might be a fault in the locking module thats causing both faults???)
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:30 pm

ill have a look in a minute and see what i can find, how can i check the latch???
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:49 pm

Im back....i think the numbr is: (i couldnt twist my head far enough) ZT1T-15K800-AC

It also had written on it: CONTR ASSY R.CONT L.K & ALARM SYS MN

Does the (R.CONT) mean Radio Controlled or does the MN mean manual?????????? :?
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 1st timw owner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:51 pm

Also if it makes any difference....when you unlock with the key the indicators come on but they dont when you lock
1st timw owner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Ummm??? not to sure on the meanings!! I will check it tomorrow and let you know
The indicators dont flash when you lock it because its not 'deadlocking' because of the side door not working :(
To check the latch you need to take the door trim off, disconnect the plug into the latch and with a test light see if you get lives/earths when locking and unlocking, if you do the latch is f****d, if not then follow the wiring back and check to see for damage etc. also check to see if you got lives/earths at the contact pins
coconut
Ford Technician

Next

Return to Transit Connect