*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Blocked DPF problems.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Blocked DPF problems.

Postby Slicknick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:16 pm

Hey guys.... just bought a 2019 low mileage Transit Connect Tourneo Eco Blue Titanium Auto Diesel. From being the proud owner of a 2005 Connect that never gave me any problems in ten years of ownership to the new one bought at Sadiq Khans insistence I have had it in the garage twice in five months to have the DPF regenerated and oil changed. Obviously I can't keep this up as besides the expense of having it fixed its taking time out of my working week.
I don't fully understand how I am supposed to be driving it ? My old van started and drove wherever I wanted to go ...except the ULEZ zone ! I don't want anybody telling me to not drive in traffic under 40 mph as most cities now have 20 mph restrictions and I don't really want to be driving up the motorway to clear it out all the time as this really is not practical !Do some drivers find a quiet spot and rev the crap out of their engines when the warning prompt on the dash comes on or what ?! Its very sad that my trust in Ford has been misplaced with the new vehicle and all the shenanigans that are going with it but any advice or tips on avoiding this would be greatly received.I can not possibly be the only person experiencing this and am doing my nut owning a vehicle that seems to not be giving me the freedom of the road .
Slicknick
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Blocked DPF problems.

Postby dumper » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 pm

Look on YouTube and go see O’Reilly autos, Mobile mechanic
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di