*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Security on a 2019 van

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Security on a 2019 van

Postby Dmcc » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:43 pm

Hopefully get my new to me van in the next week or two. Just thinking about securing it. Does the connect suffer with the drivers door barrel like the newer transits. Is it worth getting an aftermarket alarm fitted if so any recommendations. I’m sure the van I’m getting has extra locks on the rear doors which shud help

Thanks Dave
Dmcc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Security on a 2019 van

Postby highroof » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:07 am

Hi, I've got a 2018 L2 and was concerned about security. I found a remote wireless bike alarm on ebay made by Cruxer. As an added bonus they're cheap. You can programme up to 8 sirens from one remote. I've got one on each door, they're vibration sensors and extremely sensitive, yet never give false alarms. I'm going to fit another to the side door, as that's the one as I regard as most vulnerable. I've got a Vanmate alarm, but the battery didn't last long and it's a motion sensor operated device, which means they've already damaged the van by the time it goes off.

I also fitted a Locks 4 Vans anti peel bracket to the front edge of the side door, and have seen a guy on Youtube fit a length of 20mm stainless rebar all the way down the inside of the rear edge on the side door to stop it being peeled there. This appeals to me more than drilling the door for hook locks and I'm probs going to have a go with that.

IMG_3419 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect