*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Servicing

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Servicing

Postby Dmcc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:12 pm

Hopefully getting a 2019 l2 1.5 think it’s on about 50.000ish miles just wounding what the service intervals are and when belts chains need changing never had one before

Dave
Dmcc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Service

Postby Dmcc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:11 pm

2019 limited. I shud be getting one soon just wondering when services are dues and timing belts need changing
Dmcc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Service

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:29 pm

There are the ford recommended ones , but i will not tell you them as they are way too high in the mileages

My recommended ones are:

Gearbox - DUE - change oil strait away or every 50,000 ..not sure if it has 2 lots of oil ..hydraulic and gear oil...you'll have to find out about that....tell me exact model of gearbox ..and i'll do some looking> (ford don't recommend a change )

Engine oil and filter - every 6000 or 8000 (change now if you don't know the history) do a double change as you don't know the history ..change it ..run for a week change it again . or put cheap oil in it, run for 20 miles change again.

Brake fluid every 25,000 or 5 years what ever comes first. ( DUE, change now if it looks dark)

Diesel filter every 25,000 - DUE - (change now if you don't know the history)

Cambelt - 80,000 .(or change at 6 years)

Air filters inc cabin filter ..take them out and inspect, if they look dirty change them. - then inspect every 5000

Power steering fluid - do a change at 100,000..or sooner if you plan on keeping it for a long time.(ford don't recommend a change )

Radiator flush and new antifreeze .DUE .do it as soon as possible.

Service the EGR valve , dissemble and clean the boost pipes intercooler , probably due.

Brakes will need inspecting, may need replacing.

top up
Adblue
Washer bottle

other
Oil hinges
Clean battery terminals
Check rubber exhaust hangers are intact
Check tyres

Think that's enough for you to be doing for now :)

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Service

Postby Dmcc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:56 pm

Thanks for that u are a star. It’s the manual gear box don’t no any codes for it
Dmcc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect