*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

found the wires for rear speakers and power socket with pics

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: found the wires for rear speakers and power socket with pics

Postby Refined Detail » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 pm

As soon as you asked which wheelbase I was, it twigged that was probably the case :(

Ah well.
Refined Detail
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: found the wires for rear speakers and power socket with pics

Postby lightning » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:25 pm

You may be right there....my new 200 SWB has no rear speaker wires, but the 12v power socket wiring is fitted.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: found the wires for rear speakers and power socket with

Postby DJEC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:30 pm

I've just checked a pic I have of the back of the head unit in my connect (05 ex BG swb) and all of the speaker wires are present there, however i've not taken the panel linings off in the back to see if they are there yet, I suspect that they aren't and that they finish where the dash loom plugs into the rest of the loom or something similar. If I've got time tomorrow I may have a look.

Edit: sorry didn't mean to bump an old thread, followed a link from another thread :oops:
When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
DJEC
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dagenham Dustbin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 pm

I cannot find any speaker wires in the back of my 07 LWB either. :(
Dagenham Dustbin
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby painter4 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 pm

tottespurs wrote:i think the rear speaker looms were only fitted in the lwb as it is used for thr mpv model

and maybe only lwb lx as mine is .. i posted the pics
painter4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lightning » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:14 am

I fitted the rear power socket in my 2008 SWB Connect no problem, but the rear speaker wires are not fitted to mine.
Only issue was finding which fuse to fit, as the fuse location sticker next to the fuse box bears no relation to the actual fuses fitted.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Dagenham Dustbin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 am

painter4 wrote:
tottespurs wrote:i think the rear speaker looms were only fitted in the lwb as it is used for thr mpv model

and maybe only lwb lx as mine is .. i posted the pics

Seems so, as mine is an L. :(
Dagenham Dustbin
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby DJEC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm

So whilst I was messing about with the van today I pulled back the panel lining and I found the rear power cable taped up, pulled back the lining a little further and the speaker wires were taped up there too :) Shame they are pretty much useless due to the steel bulkhead :P
When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
DJEC
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby u076216 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Sorry that I dig up this old thread again. I am looking for the counterpart of the following plug. It is the connection cable of the socket in a 2008 LWB. Unfortunately, the images are no longer visible from the beginning of this thread.

After plugging the fuse in the fuse box, I have 12 volts on the plug. I would like to use the plug to charge an emergency lamp in several Connects which have the same unused plug in the back. Then I would not cut off the plug on all vehicles, but could use the original plug and change the lamp from car to car.

Here's the plug on the vehicle from the front and the side. As I said, there are 12 volts on it, so it can not be a speaker cable.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20171228_190929.jpg

IMG_20171228_190709.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a nice day.
Matthias
u076216
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Urbis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 pm

u076216 wrote:Sorry that I dig up this old thread again. I am looking for the counterpart of the following plug. It is the connection cable of the socket in a 2008 LWB. Unfortunately, the images are no longer visible from the beginning of this thread.

After plugging the fuse in the fuse box, I have 12 volts on the plug. I would like to use the plug to charge an emergency lamp in several Connects which have the same unused plug in the back. Then I would not cut off the plug on all vehicles, but could use the original plug and change the lamp from car to car.

Here's the plug on the vehicle from the front and the side. As I said, there are 12 volts on it, so it can not be a speaker cable.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20171228_190929.jpg

IMG_20171228_190709.jpg

That’s the one. You can use two spade connectors, but there isn’t a counterpart for it.
Urbis

Postby u076216 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 pm

This plug will be connected directly to the additonal 12 Volt socket ?
Have a nice day.
Matthias
u076216
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby doebag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

u076216 wrote:This plug will be connected directly to the additonal 12 Volt socket ?

Yes, when I 'found' mine, the excess cable is looped back and taped up. Very fiddly to cut tape to free the cable.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Connect