*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

T C SWB sliding door will not open

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: T C SWB sliding door will not open

Postby clarkster » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

pukka m8
clarkster
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby warnersofbedford » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:02 pm

coconut wrote:Is the yellow linkage/lock mechanism fully unlocking or is it just going to unlock but then flicks back into the lock position :?:

You could also try releasing the cable (cant remember if its inerior or exterior) that you can get to by flicking the yellow tab off and sometimes that works :idea:

I know this is an old thread however this is exactly what mine is doing. To unlock the door you have to go inside the back of the van, turn the yellow plastic switch to the right and the door will manually open and shut all day. But as soon as you lock it with the key fob the yellow switch turns to the left and stays there even when you unlock with the key fob. So back inside the van you go, turn the yellow switch to the right and alls ok again.

Is the yellow switch some sort of safety mechanism?

Any help appreaciated.

Paul.
MK7 High Top Van
MK6 Crew Cab Tipper
MK7 Crew Cab Tipper
Mk7 Plant Truck
warnersofbedford
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Lefty64 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 pm

warnersofbedford wrote:
coconut wrote:Is the yellow linkage/lock mechanism fully unlocking or is it just going to unlock but then flicks back into the lock position :?:

You could also try releasing the cable (cant remember if its inerior or exterior) that you can get to by flicking the yellow tab off and sometimes that works :idea:

I know this is an old thread however this is exactly what mine is doing. To unlock the door you have to go inside the back of the van, turn the yellow plastic switch to the right and the door will manually open and shut all day. But as soon as you lock it with the key fob the yellow switch turns to the left and stays there even when you unlock with the key fob. So back inside the van you go, turn the yellow switch to the right and alls ok again.

Any help appreaciated.

Paul.

The only ' yellow plastic switch ' I know of is on the RHS rear door .... the side sliding door has a black rotary release knob.

The rear door (yellow thumb release actually) has 3 positions

1) OPEN (RH position)
2) LOCKED (CENTRAL position)
3) DEADLOCKED (LH position)

The latter two positions are, or should be, mirrored in the lock of the side door which is linked to them. You need the key to release the deadlocks from the outside, and failing that (if you're DEADlocked inside) the fob to get free .... :lol: :lol:
2007 T230LX LWB (110PS) with aircon.

Vans are designed for people with imagination. Cars are so limiting ... what can you do with them?
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby warnersofbedford » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:50 pm

warnersofbedford wrote:

Any help appreaciated.

Paul.

To add a bit more. we've noticed today that on the first unlock the door remains locked, however if you relock the van and then open it again, all on the keyfob, the side door opens fine? is this part of the double locking, etc?
MK7 High Top Van
MK6 Crew Cab Tipper
MK7 Crew Cab Tipper
Mk7 Plant Truck
warnersofbedford
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Lefty64 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 pm

warnersofbedford wrote:

To add a bit more. we've noticed today that on the first unlock the door remains locked, however if you relock the van and then open it again, all on the keyfob, the side door opens fine? is this part of the double locking, etc?

If you're taIking about using the key in the front doors, then that's normal. The first turn of the key only unlocks the front doors, while the rear doors and side door remain locked.

If you operate the the key in the rear door, the side door also remains locked.

The fob releases the front doors (1st press), then the rear AND side doors on 2nd press providing the sequence is done within 2-3 secs or so.

At least that's how my factory fob works. This has also got a secondary blue pad which unlocks both side & rear doors independently (while leaving the front doors locked)
2007 T230LX LWB (110PS) with aircon.

Vans are designed for people with imagination. Cars are so limiting ... what can you do with them?
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby The lace » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:33 pm

I had a very similar problem with my sliding door. It was remedied by going into programming mode by turning key back and forth in ignition barrel for 8 times. The doors all lock in sequence, when it came out of program mode the door worked fine with fobs
The lace
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Connect