*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TDCi upgrades?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: TDCi upgrades?

Postby poormansporsche » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 am

I know what you are saying mate, I only went down the boost controller route because id already had a remap and the remapper told me that the boost was fixed and not ECU controlled, so although the fuelling had been upped in my limited understanding of these things it only seems like half of whats possible ! On my old passat petrol turbo when it was remapped the boost was only upped by 20% but this really made the big difference. I wasnt hoping for marvels by fitting the boost controller - just a bit more of a "Kick"

Anyway took the mechanic out in the van today with the boost controller on and let him feel the jerkyness and his first thought was that the injectors are maxed out :(
55 LX, ST220 Leather Recaro's, Leather Dash,Console, Visors and roof lining, Vantuner Remap, Chrome Running Boards, Zetec S 18 Alloys, Zetec S Leather Wheel, Double Din Nav, Custom Dials, Blue ledded etc
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MR_RS » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am

bigger injectors off a focus 115bhp ?
stainless, de-cat, remap, K&N with drilled airbox, Fmic, face lift bumpers, colour coded, side bars, Recaros, 18's etc ...... much more to come
MR_RS
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mattvik30 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 am

so is it not running smooth at all? Can you feel a big difference with the extra boost? Im really interested in knowing if the focus 115ps injectors will fit.

I remember when i joined this forum nowone was really doing anything to there vans and it was mainly a forum for problems with the connect. Now these vans are really getted tested perormance wise and we seem to be finding a way around there not being any aftermarket parts for the connect :D keep it up! we will get 180bhp out of these vans yet!!!! :lol:
Tourneo connect 90ps Remapped by Vantuner, Mondy interior handles, Full SS exhaust with pptuning de-cat, Chrome Sportvan Grille, Fiesta St Seats, Dvd Player with Kenwood speakers,
Clear Side Repeaters, K&N Air Filter, Sportvan Sideskirts
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby So-Kal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 am

It's only recently that folk have found out how to really push the T4 engines - and/or what can be sourced off other stuff to fit.

I guess the Connect will follow suit soon enough.... :)
So-Kal
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby mattvik30 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 pm

I think give it a few years and companies will start making aftermarket parts for the connect, as the van seems to just get more popular as time passes.
Tourneo connect 90ps Remapped by Vantuner, Mondy interior handles, Full SS exhaust with pptuning de-cat, Chrome Sportvan Grille, Fiesta St Seats, Dvd Player with Kenwood speakers,
Clear Side Repeaters, K&N Air Filter, Sportvan Sideskirts
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby poormansporsche » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:37 pm

dunno whether its a big difference just more of a kick not a smooth delivery as you can hardly feel the turbo in standard form

it would be helpful if anyone knows what brand the injectors are ie bosch or delphi or something
55 LX, ST220 Leather Recaro's, Leather Dash,Console, Visors and roof lining, Vantuner Remap, Chrome Running Boards, Zetec S 18 Alloys, Zetec S Leather Wheel, Double Din Nav, Custom Dials, Blue ledded etc
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby So-Kal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 pm

poormansporsche wrote:dunno whether its a big difference just more of a kick not a smooth delivery as you can hardly feel the turbo in standard form

it would be helpful if anyone knows what brand the injectors are ie bosch or delphi or something

If anyone can get these details, I'll have a dig around with a friend of mine who's done a LOT of work with injectors on the T4.

To give you an idea, he pioneered the work that gets an 88 or 102bhp 2.5tdi up to 150bhp+ - with injectors accounting for a big chunk of that increase.....
So-Kal
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby poormansporsche » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:05 am

It may also be that the fuel pump needs uprating ! what i may do is just buy a tuning box and bung that on and experiment with extra fuel as you never know even with my remap it still might not be getting enough ! Dunno if its a bad idea though remap and tuning box :?
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby stephenferguson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:19 am

You done a de cat yet poormans? may help a little?

Also I personally wouldnt have the valve on, would just be using the gauge to check your never loosing any boost.

Think them bigger injectors and back on the computer would be a better job, but a pricey one! Thats if that would work?

maybe an email to vantuner about this to see if it cold work??
2008, VW Transporter T5, T30, 6 Speed 130, Reflex Silver.
2006, 100 T280, MWB, Mid Roof, Moondust Silver. SOLD
Mk6-Mk7 Facelift Photos Here
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby NikFrisbee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:34 am

Maybe sent the injectors off to desiel bob, i think he can make them larger, but no 100% sure?? Injectors are exspensive so needed to be right. I think i have a PDF file will details of ford engines/models/injectors/codes and a PDF file how to find out what your injectors are and firing order etc. If i can find it i will upload, but not sure how to on this forum??? Also the injectors have to be coded to match to the ecu, but i think this can be changed with software..not to sure thou as this is somethink i have been reading up on the past week to see whats what. I think if this nut can be cracked then with a decat and remap we should see gains. But as be said before on this forum, turbo, intercooler,etc,etc need balancing, but i think with enough of us willing to try who knows what possible...
220LX-110psTuningBox-PP Decat Pipe-LongLife SS Exhaust TwinTailPipe-K&N Filter-18'' STAlloys-Heated Screen/Mirrors-TOAD-Mk3MondyHandles-Zetec S SteeringWheel-BlackRearLights-RS FocusCenter Console-FactoryFittedFord SatNav/SportsVanFacia
NikFrisbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby poormansporsche » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm

pain in the butt if the injectors need to be coded as its a bloody fortune from fords to get done, oh well least the injectors seem a bit more reliable than the 2ltr tdci ones which are always going wrong, my local scrappy has a diesel focus on the pile, will have to climb up and have a look what engine it is and if the injectors and fuel pump are still there :)
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby stephenferguson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

You could send ure turbo off and get it machined out a bit and a bigger compressor wheel put on, will help it high end. ha it done to my defender.

Also the air intake on these turbos is way too small, i have been told that if this is made this bigger it would help. And you would notice the difference, mite do it to mine.
2008, VW Transporter T5, T30, 6 Speed 130, Reflex Silver.
2006, 100 T280, MWB, Mid Roof, Moondust Silver. SOLD
Mk6-Mk7 Facelift Photos Here
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Rumble bee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:32 pm

stephenferguson wrote:You could send ure turbo off and get it machined out a bit and a bigger compressor wheel put on, will help it high end. ha it done to my defender.

Also the air intake on these turbos is way too small, i have been told that if this is made this bigger it would help. And you would notice the difference, mite do it to mine.

Any details of this company?

Had my van mapped by martyn yestaday, was well worth the 400 mile round trip. Top bloke :D Anyway he said to go any further with power to go down the hybrid turbo and bigger focus injector route.

Chris.
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby poormansporsche » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm

can we just confirm though before i go salvaging from different motors that the only difference with the 110 connect is the turbo ? does it have the same injectors and fuel pump ? Also another thing that also may need upgrading is the fuel rail as well as ive heard that some rails have a limited capacity !
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby So-Kal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:58 pm

OK - the guy I'm asking about injector upgrades could do with some info (that I don't have) - so can anyone give me details of engine codes of the 75PS and 90PS, along with any other details that they may have - ie injector manufacturer, whether they're coded, etc....

ANy ifo appreciated so he can go digging......
So-Kal
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect