*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TDCi upgrades?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

TDCi upgrades?

Postby Rumble bee » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am

Can any parts from the focus TDCi engine be transferred to the connect 90 TDCi? Like for example injectors? Or is the connect engine a stand alone engine and not based on the focus? Any thoughts on this.
Trying to get the hardware done before it gets mapped.

Chris.
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: TDCi upgrades?

Postby mattvik30 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:43 am

The MK1 focus diesel engine is a 115bhp tdci and it looks pretty much the same. Have a look at this engine on ebay
320443727755 I think it must be exactly the same engine with a bit of tweaking. Any extra info that you find out let me know as im planning on doing the same.

Is this you come into money!!! As you seem to be on a bit of a spending spree! :lol:
Tourneo connect 90ps Remapped by Vantuner, Mondy interior handles, Full SS exhaust with pptuning de-cat, Chrome Sportvan Grille, Fiesta St Seats, Dvd Player with Kenwood speakers,
Clear Side Repeaters, K&N Air Filter, Sportvan Sideskirts
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Rumble bee » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am

mattvik30 wrote:Is this you come into money!!! As you seem to be on a bit of a spending spree! :lol:

Haha I wish
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mattvik30 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I just found out theat the mark 1 focus tdci had the 90ps engine in to start with and then it was replaced by the 115ps engine later on. The engines look exactly the same, so i wonder how they got that extra 25bhp? Im guessing ecu?

Did you find out any more info rumblebee?

Also your light were posted today first class, so hopefully be with you tomorrow or Thursday :D
Tourneo connect 90ps Remapped by Vantuner, Mondy interior handles, Full SS exhaust with pptuning de-cat, Chrome Sportvan Grille, Fiesta St Seats, Dvd Player with Kenwood speakers,
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MR_RS » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 am

Cant just be ecu related or the mappes would be able to just upload that map to ours, hey presto 115ps instead of 90, im thinking its highrer pressure or bigger nozzles/injectors. Turbo is the same. if its the nozzles it would be a easy swap for the bigger 1's and then a re-map. When i got mine remapped he maxed mine out nearly, i asked what he thaught could be achieved by this engine and he estimated around 180bhp with different turbo and nozzles. (with exhaust decat and FMIC) he was doing a diesel rover with big nozzles and LDV van turbo and that was running nearly 200bhp. Think that is the only way as our injector nozzles only do 125 max. Bonus is are turbo on the 90ps is on a actuator/map sensor not electronic like the 110ps, easier to change the turbo although a 1 off manifold would be needed (fit any turbo then T25 or T2) or upgrade ur own internals tho thats big ££££.

Been trying to gather as much info on this as i can as mines not powerfull enough, i know its a van but would be nice to embaress a few car drivers

I wanted around the 180bhp mark, but how reliable that would be is unknown

Nitrous is a good option for quick blasts, but in my opinion it is cheating

Going to try a few things, trial and error and see what happens. Bleed valve to increase the boost after the FMIC and de-cat see wher that goes then nozzles etc etc
stainless, de-cat, remap, K&N with drilled airbox, Fmic, face lift bumpers, colour coded, side bars, Recaros, 18's etc ...... much more to come
MR_RS
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mattvik30 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:46 am

When u planning on doing the FMIC, as i already have a universal FMIC in my garage which i got free from a mates car. I have had a quick look but not going to be as easy as i thought. You got any pics of your van after all the spraying etc?
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Rumble bee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 pm

The main uprated hardware of the 115 engine seems to be a variable vane turbo and bigger injectors.
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MR_RS » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:34 pm

injectors may fit turbo wont without the ecu spitting its dummy out, variable vain turbo is electronicly controlled

Van not painted yet but as soon as will post pics

Got the FMIC but got to get it fitted, looks quite easy to do, cos my m8 has the bending machine (S/S Exhausts) he can fabricate boost pipes too. going to have mine all steel to turbo and inlet manifold, hopefully hear the turbo more then on boost, may even get a little wastegate chatter :mrgreen:
stainless, de-cat, remap, K&N with drilled airbox, Fmic, face lift bumpers, colour coded, side bars, Recaros, 18's etc ...... much more to come
MR_RS
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mtbdriver » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am

You can also chiptune your engine if you want.

1.8 TDCi engine will provide somewhere around 90hp. After chiptuning you'll get somewhere around 115hp's.
Original it has around 200nm torque, after chiptuning 250nm.

All of this at same rpm, you engine will be stronger, but it will also use less fuel. In normal riding condition's it should uses 0.3L less fuel every 100km.

HERE you have a link of chiptuning stats of a 1.8 TDCi engine in a ford tourneo.

I don't know what ford says about chiptuning a new car, maybey wait a few month's or something with it cause of your guarantee.
I'm going to buy a second hands or maybey third hands :shock: transit connect when I saved enough money for it :lol:
Thinking of chiptuning it too...
mtbdriver

Postby mattvik30 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:44 am

I have done abit more research on the turbo front... It turns out that the turbo fitted to the transit connect is also fitted to the Focus 1.6td, c-max 110hp, courier 1.8l, Fiesta 1.8l and also the galaxy 1.9l 90hp engine, but none of the engine codes are the same for these cars, just the turbos.

Have a look at this link http://arturbo.co.uk/catalogue_turbos.asp?Make=10
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby stephenferguson » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Drop a focus rs lump in n have done with it. :D :D
2008, VW Transporter T5, T30, 6 Speed 130, Reflex Silver.
2006, 100 T280, MWB, Mid Roof, Moondust Silver. SOLD
Mk6-Mk7 Facelift Photos Here
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby poormansporsche » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 am

having my decat fitted on monday as i just couldnt be arsed to do it myself

having a manual boost controller valve jobbie fitted at the same time with a boost gauge - not sure whether it will do anything, me mechanic reckons i will only be able to squeeze at most 1 or possibly 2 extra psi out of the turbo without the ecu kicking up a fuss but for 20 quid its worth a go :)
55 LX, ST220 Leather Recaro's, Leather Dash,Console, Visors and roof lining, Vantuner Remap, Chrome Running Boards, Zetec S 18 Alloys, Zetec S Leather Wheel, Double Din Nav, Custom Dials, Blue ledded etc
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mattvik30 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 am

how much is your mechanic charging for fitting the valve and the boost gauge, as i have these parts in the house. I was going to try and fit them myself but im now having second thoughts! :lol: Dont want to damage anything!!
mattvik30
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MR_RS » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:47 am

Let us know how u get on :wink:
MR_RS
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby poormansporsche » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 pm

mattvik30 wrote:how much is your mechanic charging for fitting the valve and the boost gauge, as i have these parts in the house. I was going to try and fit them myself but im now having second thoughts! :lol: Dont want to damage anything!!

dunno yet as he hasnt even looked under the bonnet ! will give a progress report on tuesday :)
55 LX, ST220 Leather Recaro's, Leather Dash,Console, Visors and roof lining, Vantuner Remap, Chrome Running Boards, Zetec S 18 Alloys, Zetec S Leather Wheel, Double Din Nav, Custom Dials, Blue ledded etc
poormansporsche
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Connect