*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lowering kit for a Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: Lowering kit for a Connect

Postby SteveO » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Question: so when you 1st remove the leaf springs (but before the lowering is done) are they welded together by Ford or are they two separate leaf springs?
SteveO
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby belly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 pm

SteveO wrote:Well that would not be a work van for me that could carry any weight. Yes it looks cool but at what cost to doing your job safely. Waiting to hear of the 1st failure at speed, lol. What a mess that would make.

What? do you mean Airbags going? My brother in laws big iveco runs a factory air bagged rear with no issues as do most 44 ton artic trailers!

SteveO wrote:Question: so when you 1st remove the leaf springs (but before the lowering is done) are they welded together by Ford or are they two separate leaf springs?

Leafs are seperate :wink:
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
belly
Kaiser Chief

Postby SteveO » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:12 am

Ah cool. Was under my T220 the other day and it looked like my double springs were welded together.
SteveO
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Dava02 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Mylee wrote:
Dava02 wrote:How are you going about lowering the rear. Is it where your placing the axle above the leaf spring?

I've seen photo's of this and it looks too low for my liking.
Would really love to lower my Connect. Would love to find another way of doing it. Maybe getting the leaf springs re-cambered is best option

This is the best way. You can have plates welded to the rear leaf spring mounting point to raise the rear of the van if you want it low but not belly scrapping low. This has been done on here and is common for lowering caddy's. It comes with the v-maxx kit

I'll try and dig a picture out for you........

EDIT:..........like this

I recall now that someone decided to do something similar. Think they made an adjustable rear shackle so the height could be altered. I think thats this method. I'll try this method myself.
Thanks for the pic
Dava02

Previous

Return to Transit Connect