*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fitting The ipod Lead

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: Fitting The ipod Lead

Postby doebag » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm

ATCarpentry wrote:.......... On removing the head unit there is already a white connector in the slot i think i'm supposed to use. it has three wires to it, grey and white, purple and white and black, and is in the same flexible conduit as the other wiring to the head unit. The van is an ex-rental so hasn't been modified. I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me what i'm supposed to be doing so i dont have to pay someone to do such a simple job. ........

Well with a bit of time to myself, I tried fitting the same lead to my 200LX. I have the same problem in that the space is occupied by a white connector, but I cannot find any where that the other end of the lead may be located. So.... How do we remove the white connector from the large connector block once the large one is free of the head unit ? So I can fit the lead supplied in the kit.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gallego1968 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 pm

This is great and now just ordered the key's and lead off Ebay, all i need now is to change the speakers in the doors, any suggestions please.
gallego1968
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 pm

could try the search button...loads on it
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby CamsTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 pm

This prompted me to look into being able to use my AUX as the iTrip is getting on my nut now!
I pulled my cd6000 out and it didn't have any plugs in the white AUX socket in the back; so I checked on ebay and found this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260795028587? ... 915wt_1189
Cheap enough! Then bought these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200770418735? ... 500wt_1204

I didn't fancy the standard Ford plug going into the blank near the gearstick; so I'm going to put my jack in to the left of the steering wheel so the wires can go straight behind into the radio :)
I'll get some pictures up once everything has been delivered and sorted :)
58 Transit Connect swb LR 75 (Gone)
08 Mk7 Transit Limited swb LR 140 (Gone)
14 Transit Custom Limited swb 125 8)
CamsTrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparkie1984 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Evening all!!

has anyone here fitted the aux lead down by the handbrake (theres a solid plastic bung in place already)?

I need to keep my van 100% normal looking (this is ok) but I cant go drilling the dash board etc and wondering if the loom is down there already or if the lead comes long enough to go down there ( I assume so as its supposed to be there)

its an 08 connect

thanks
sparkie1984
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby C8XY » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:38 pm

For 8 quid you should just buy it, you could always route it so it hangs out somewhere thus keeping work van 100% intact!
C8XY
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparkie1984 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 pm

C8XY wrote:For 8 quid you should just buy it, you could always route it so it hangs out somewhere thus keeping work van 100% intact!

yeah guess so....

can you only get it on ebay for a decent price? (dont have an account)

if not ill register.

may need your help C8XY if I get that and the speakers
sparkie1984
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby C8XY » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 pm

sparkie1984 wrote:
C8XY wrote:For 8 quid you should just buy it, you could always route it so it hangs out somewhere thus keeping work van 100% intact!

yeah guess so....

can you only get it on ebay for a decent price? (dont have an account)

if not ill register.

may need your help C8XY if I get that and the speakers

No prob, think Ford are cheapest according to page 1 :wink:
C8XY
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby brumbrum » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 am

I have the AUX lead in also, BUT do any of you get a lot of static when listening to music?
I can use it as hands free as the space in the back causes echo.
Also when I use windscreen wipers you get a buzzing when listening to music..

Sounds crazy...
brumbrum
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Midwest » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 pm

brumbrum wrote:I have the AUX lead in also, BUT do any of you get a lot of static when listening to music?

Sounds crazy...

Yep I bought a cheap one off Amazon (£3.5), and it don't seem to fit the socket snugly and consequently I get bits of distortion and noise when you fidley about with the 3.5 plug. Perhaps the official Ford one is better? Anyways, just bought the van (Trend 2010) and speakers are pooh, even for my poor hearing taste. So new on this forum, so off for a search to see if I can improve them!
Midwest

Postby MrC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Midwest wrote:
brumbrum wrote:I have the AUX lead in also, BUT do any of you get a lot of static when listening to music?

Sounds crazy...

Yep I bought a cheap one off Amazon (£3.5), and it don't seem to fit the socket snugly and consequently I get bits of distortion and noise when you fidley about with the 3.5 plug. Perhaps the official Ford one is better? Anyways, just bought the van (Trend 2010) and speakers are pooh, even for my poor hearing taste. So new on this forum, so off for a search to see if I can improve them!

Got the same noise. Bought mine of Ebay but comes in original Ford packaging so can't be any different. But tried two different minijack leads and one works better than the other. Have to make sure they are pushed right the way in hard too.
TRANSIT CONN T220 L90 2007
MrC
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MrC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Half way through fitting mine but realise the original instructions on page 1 are all well and good, but you do have to use one of the blanking plates available if you want to save lots of trouble: Because you can remove the plate and hold it in your hand means you can push the mini-jack socket in from behind. Otherwise how would you push it into a hole which you can't get your hand behind???? WARNING! :roll:
MrC
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby CamsTrans » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:42 pm

If you're getting interference on the AUX it's probably because you haven't got the three cables connected up. There is left, right and ground. I originally wired mine up without a ground and it got me a lot of distortion.
I used one of these: http://tinyurl.com/9f5d9vr then cut the ends off stripped them both back, separated the speaker cables from the grounds extended them a bit (soldered & shrink wrapped) then soldered them onto one of these http://tinyurl.com/9qqelol
Sawted :D
CamsTrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MrC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 pm

:o CamsTrans, I think you might be overcomplicating the procedure - there is no need for most people to purchase those parts unless one is an amateur electrician wanting to save about five quid and have a lot of time on their hands! The genuine Ford lead has all the wires wrapped up together - no soldering iron needed and no way you can make any mistake!

I can confirm however, that now I have successfully fitted my lead, the interference/intermittent connection I mentioned before was caused by the mini-jack socket having been made too loose in the factory. To render this I actually opened up the socket and used a bradawl to bend the brass contacts ever so slightly to create a much tighter fit when the audio lead is plugged in. This fixed the problem perfectly with no repercussions. All works a treat!
MrC
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby CamsTrans » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm

It was extra work yes.. But I wanted the aux jack to be next to be between the steering wheel and the radio and not next to the gearstick. I didn't fancy a trailing wire from there to my phone mount :wink:

CamsTrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect