*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Air conditioning

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: Air conditioning

Postby airconman » Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 pm

it makes me laugh when some people think that a/c just needs gassing up to fix it, the amount of people that say to me gas my car up mate and its only the case sometimes
airconman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Brit 50 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 am

Funny how the regs for air con/fridge have changed and it's illegal to add gas to a system that you know is leaking (well if it's low on gas it's obviously leaking) but companies like Krapfit can advertise just stuffing some frigerant in your car to make it better and get away with it!!!!!! They know it's leaking, but they also know that as long as you are on their forecourt and it blows cold they can raid your wallet. And unlike air con/fridge guys (stationary equip) they won't get fined big time!

It's a joke!

If your air con is out/low on gas then it has to be checked thoroughly for leaks before a fresh charge is weighed in. Otherwise it's a waste of time, gas and money!
Transit Connect, that's all the info im advertising for theives!
Brit 50
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby airconman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:49 am

Brit 50 wrote:Funny how the regs for air con/fridge have changed and it's illegal to add gas to a system that you know is leaking (well if it's low on gas it's obviously leaking) but companies like Krapfit can advertise just stuffing some frigerant in your car to make it better and get away with it!!!!!! They know it's leaking, but they also know that as long as you are on their forecourt and it blows cold they can raid your wallet. And unlike air con/fridge guys (stationary equip) they won't get fined big time!

It's a joke!

If your air con is out/low on gas then it has to be checked thoroughly for leaks before a fresh charge is weighed in. Otherwise it's a waste of time, gas and money!

i know and you need a lot of equipment to do a proper job, i know as i'm in the fridge game. you can get imprisoned for doing your job incorrectly as a fridge engineer prople take a/c for granted. i read that in the past like in 1980 to service old r12 systems in america in cars they used to blow the old gas off into the air and put a fresh charge in, until some scientist found that is was harmful to the enviroment :lol:
airconman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Brit 50 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:05 pm

1980??? it's still going on now....in England, I know of guys who still dump fridge gas into the air, no matter what gas!
Transit Connect, that's all the info im advertising for theives!
Brit 50
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby airconman » Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 am

Brit 50 wrote:1980??? it's still going on now....in England, I know of guys who still dump fridge gas into the air, no matter what gas!

haha ridiculous must be cowboys
airconman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transit Connect