*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your connect today?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: What did you do to your connect today?

Postby jimmyq » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

fitted some led lights in the back today will post some pics just waiting for it to get dark....lol next will be plylining and carpet :)
jimmyq

Postby mrtn » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:23 pm

mrtn wrote:Just in the muiddle of swapping to winter tyres. I have a spooky feeling that I left the summer alloy centering ring on as two alloys are missing the ring and one wheel was really difficult to tighten.

Well, yes, I have lost one and crushed on centering ring. Don't know which one's dumber.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Colin.ah » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi mrtn

That is a very handsome dash you have fitted to your van, could I ask what you got it out of?
Myself and three others run a charity to help long term unemployed teenagers and disabled adults in to work. We are restoring our Connect to carry kids and our tools from workplace to workplace.
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mrtn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:13 pm

I think you're referring to Graham Taylor's dash. Mine's plain stock.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Graham Taylor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Mine is a standard mk1 dash with a mk2 radio/heater surround to take a DAB double din headset. Centre console is from a Focus RS with the gear knob from a Mondeo
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Colin.ah » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Graham Taylor wrote:Mine is a standard mk1 dash with a mk2 radio/heater surround to take a DAB double din headset. Centre console is from a Focus RS with the gear knob from a Mondeo

My old eyes are failing me, my original question should have been addressed to DHOCARL.
Myself and three others run a charity to help long term unemployed teenagers and disabled adults in to work. We are restoring our Connect to carry kids and our tools from workplace to workplace.
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DHOCARL » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

it's a mk2 dash in a mk1 connect. no fancy bits in it really, original clocks etc are in place. Just had the buttons rewired and some minor welding in the back. For the most part it's unbolting one dash and fitting the other, however there is a lot of knowledge involved in doing so in which i had zero. I paid Paul to do it for me, top bloke very helpful and really knows his stuff!

The main difference aside from the aesthetics are the air blowers, the round vents/vent tubing are easily a third or even half the size bigger.

This is a pic before the buttons went in, i even wired in a third 12v socket internally for the satnav cable that i routed inside the dash up to the paper holder, nothing worse than satnav leads everywhere. Below the lower 12v socket is a hole where the aux port was, this hole is 19mm in which i have since replaced with a second switch for my rear LED's that i refitted today having finished fitting the new rooflining (minus a few clips)

of course you cannot post lighting pics without the standard 'control' lighting

DHOCARL
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Colin.ah » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 am

DHOCARL wrote:it's a mk2 dash in a mk1 connect. no fancy bits in it really, original clocks etc are in place. Just had the buttons rewired and some minor welding in the back. For the most part it's unbolting one dash and fitting the other, however there is a lot of knowledge involved in doing so in which i had zero. I paid Paul to do it for me, top bloke very helpful and really knows his stuff!

It really is a nice dash and obviously quality work. Can I ask you how you made the roof lining, it looks very nice too?
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Colin.ah wrote:
DHOCARL wrote:it's a mk2 dash in a mk1 connect. no fancy bits in it really, original clocks etc are in place. Just had the buttons rewired and some minor welding in the back. For the most part it's unbolting one dash and fitting the other, however there is a lot of knowledge involved in doing so in which i had zero. I paid Paul to do it for me, top bloke very helpful and really knows his stuff!

It really is a nice dash and obviously quality work. Can I ask you how you made the roof lining, it looks very nice too?

I fitted DHOCARL's dash, also fitted one to my last project :wink: 8)

More info available here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=128295

Rear roof lining you will find in a Tourneo Connect. Ot is available from Ford but it's expensive :(
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Colin.ah » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 am

paul2012 wrote:More info available here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=128295

Wow, awe inspiring stuff well beyond my means or capabilities, the lower half of our dash is full of holes and we were thinking of changing it for a 2006 model dash but after reading your thread I think we will leave it alone and just be happy if we can get an MOT. :D
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby clueless chancer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 am

Cleaned battery terminals and battery.
Replaced fuel filter,as I missed it last month when I did full service.
Re-torqued all wheel nuts after having wheels off to paint them.
Checked belts and hoses, all look ok.
clueless chancer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby teldec » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 pm

loaded it up with paint for the weekends work ahead
teldec
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gt_addict » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Today I serviced the van. New oil and filter, fuel filter, Glowplugs and loom. Nothing else to report apart from the Glowplugs were easier than expected to get out, although they were a pain to get too.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby mrtn » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Gave my van to a friend's son for a school project today. They need to haul some movie equipment. He has just gotten his license. Let's hope for the best.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby RustWidow » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Crikey, you're trusting!
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect