*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your connect today?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: What did you do to your connect today?

Postby kenny66 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:07 pm

After buying it on Wednesday I finally got it on am ramp it needs two wheel bearings and two inner CV boots and found the wiring to the egr had been cut :shock:
Two questions are the inner CV boots from Ford only and has anyone any ideas why the egr wiring has been cut?
kenny66
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kenny66 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:08 pm

After buying it on Wednesday I finally got it on am ramp it needs two wheel bearings and two inner CV boots and found the wiring to the egr had been cut :shock:
Two questions are the inner CV boots from Ford only and has anyone any ideas why the egr wiring has been cut?
kenny66
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby connect4kev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 pm

kenny66 wrote:After buying it on Wednesday I finally got it on am ramp it needs two wheel bearings and two inner CV boots and found the wiring to the egr had been cut :shock:
inner cv boots from most motor factors or ford dealers , egr valve is usually sooted up so most people fit a blanking plate available from ebay from 2 to 5 quid ish
the devil may" care but I bloody dont
connect4kev
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kenny66 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:43 pm

connect4kev wrote:
kenny66 wrote:After buying it on Wednesday I finally got it on am ramp it needs two wheel bearings and two inner CV boots and found the wiring to the egr had been cut :shock:
inner cv boots from most motor factors or ford dealers , egr valve is usually sooted up so most people fit a blanking plate available from ebay from 2 to 5 quid ish

I was under the impression fitting a blanking plate to a euro4 caused a lot of problems assuming it is a euro 4 in an 04 Connect.
kenny66
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby connect4kev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:09 pm

yours should be euro 3 mate my 2006 tddi is euro3
connect4kev
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kenny66 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Ah right thanks I thought the euro 3 was vacuum and the euro 4 was electric but I'm a total noob to these engines.
kenny66
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby connect4kev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:49 pm

that's ok mate euro 4 started in mid 2006 as far as I know, il be replacing my engine with a petrol zetec 2,0 130ps at the year end then the following year 2016 turbo charging it or supercharging it
connect4kev
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby g-man » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 pm

kenny66 wrote:
connect4kev wrote:

I was under the impression fitting a blanking plate to a euro4 caused a lot of problems assuming it is a euro 4 in an 04 Connect.

if egr is blocked or faulty a blanking plate won't help..........b4 u fit one its best to clean the egr/inlet manifold,i got a euro4 thats been blanked for the last 6yrs,tried with and without a hole and no problem so try without 1st,good idea to decat it at the same time.....give it a go :wink:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nokivasara » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Today I noticed that the exhaust pipe is broken in three places! Not much left to hold it together at the flange, then the first hanger and lastly at the silencer. Was a bit surpriced since our Golf TDI -98 still has the original pipe and it's in good condition, but that's stainless.
Had it been a petrol van it would have sounded like a rally car but a turbo diesel is so quiet I hadn't even noticed it.

Ordered a new cat-back system from Ford, I really hate wrestling with cheap exhaust systems, they never fit well...
Transit Connect TDCI 110
nokivasara
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gt_addict » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:20 pm

I bought a bosal replacement exhaust (down pipe to tail pipe) two piece kit with all rubbers, bokts and gaskets (all bosal) for £96 if memory serves me correctly and the mate who fitted it said it was easy and a pleasure to fit compared to all the other pattern part replacements. So if anyone else needs an exhaust if go for a bosal one.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby nokivasara » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:20 am

Bosal makes very good exhaust systems but they were actually more expensive than the original from Ford!
Transit Connect TDCI 110
nokivasara
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Graham Taylor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:12 am

Just been changing a few filters on my dials as "all blue" looked a little cold. LCD is blue more like the reflection and Km/h is a very deep red but photo shows it as a yellow, probably due to camera's digital reproduction :-(

Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby doebag » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Fitted a Parrot hands free unit.
Pretty much plug and play, the unit and all the cables are fitted in the passenger side space as there is no air bag that side. The hardest bit was fiddling the cables and connectors behind the stereo. I could have done with removing the radio/heater panel but even with all the screws removed [ that I could find] it still did not want to move forward.
Only thing not screwed down at the moment is the control unit, which is temporarily on a air outlet mount until I can find a neat but visible place on the dash to mount it.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby alix76 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:33 pm

I put mine next to the air outlet would do a pic but cant post from my phone and cant remember the size
alix76
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby semtex65 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 pm

A busy day on my 2015 connect. Added/changed the following:

Installed all the kit below, all controlled on a LIN BUS network.

Run-lock
375lm LED interior light in cab
745lm LED interior light for load area
LED worklamp at side door
Items above are disabled when handbrake is released.
The remote wire for the sub woofer I'd already installed is now controlled on LITE-wire, so now falls under the control of the battery guard (great on-site for tunes)
Additional accessory/Sutar socket in load area, for flashing ambers, switched from panel in cab.
Battery guard (as mentioned above) set to 11.5V. ambers circuit exempt.

Left to install is split charge, 110aH AGM battery, 2KW inverter, Teal Handeman handwash, hide-a-led amber strobes in rear lamps & headlamps. maybe a microwave if I have the room, but still need to decide on racking.

Should keep me busy!
semtex65
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect