*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your connect today?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: What did you do to your connect today?

Postby squirrel93 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 am

Never tried it before, how long dose it usually last? How you connect?
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Graham Taylor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 am

Or use a plastic dye that lasts over a year or more
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Cal1990 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:35 pm

squirrel93 wrote:Never tried it before, how long dose it usually last? How you connect?

You need to be careful with it mate that's all I'm saying lol

Gt yeah I'm gonna buy the black dye shortly
mk7 Transit swb low roof in beautiful black :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby squirrel93 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Wheres the best place to get the dye? what area did the mk6 go cal? Positive it passed me on the m8 j3
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Cal1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 am

squirrel93 wrote:Wheres the best place to get the dye? what area did the mk6 go cal? Positive it passed me on the m8 j3

Aye man prob would have been as it went to lady well the boy owned car wash in Bathgate?
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby squirrel93 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Could be bud, there's a guy that owns ladywell car wash bit there's a few in bgate aswell, least it's still going :D
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Cal1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm

squirrel93 wrote:Could be bud, there's a guy that owns ladywell car wash bit there's a few in bgate aswell, least it's still going :D

Boys name was Steven mate Stevens valeting or something baby blue sign writing he said was going on it
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Graham Taylor » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:45 am

Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby DJLes » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:13 pm

What did I do to my Connect today? Replaced the n/s headlight bulb. The dip had gone off, did 150 miles last night in horrible fog up in them thar hills and was switching from dipped to main beam and raising and lowering the headlight leveller. A mile from home and the dipped beam failed.

From today I've got around 30 Christmas Parties in 27 days to DJ up til Christmas Eve :shock: , so, will be doing a lot of night driving.
DJLes
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Colin.ah » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Folded the passenger seat forward for the first time today and found a safe underneath it, well not so much a safe as a strong box, and not a very strong box either, two hits with a hammer opened it and guess what was inside, that’s right nothing. I think the previous owner kept his sandwiches in it but only after he had licked them just incase, that’s how strong it was. :D
Myself and three others run a charity to help long term unemployed teenagers and disabled adults in to work. We are restoring our Connect to carry kids and our tools from workplace to workplace.
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby highroof » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Well, I finally got my new one sign written, which I didn't really want to do, but I turned up and quoted for a couple of jobs before it was done, and although nothing was said, I felt like a bit of a pikey! It's been done a couple of weeks, and now I'm used to it, I'm glad I did it. Finally managed to find some crossbars for the roof rails that look good and don't make any noise on the motorway, so I can leave them on all the time, now in the middle of making a ladder roller.

Changed the standard intercooler hoses to blue silicon bellows type, the standard ones seem pretty flimsy.

Bought 5 Michelin Alpin 5 95t winter tyres ( megadeal, less than £60 each new, free delivery, thanks Mytyres ), so now spraying the old spare steelies for them to go on. Finally got some centre caps off ebay. Took the spare off for the 1st time, realised what a PITA it would be to do on a dark, cold night in winter, and re-jigged my work stuff to make room for it in the back of the van, behind the drivers seat. Waiting for a storage bag off ebay now.

Also bought an almost mint used standard alloy ( it's a limited ) with very good Bridgestone tyre for £90 delivered, maybe a bit pricey, but they're not easy to find in good nick, and there's an unmarked centre cap with it. I'll have some good tyres for sale soon, I like Michelins on the van, but there were a couple of different makes on the various wheels I've got lying around, Dunlops and Bridgestones generally.

It's gone from feeling rocket quick to pretty tame now all my work stuff's in it, so it'll be remap time sooner rather than later!
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Cal1990 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Fitted the chrome indicator bulbs front and back take away that egg yok look!
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Lefty64 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Colin.ah wrote:Folded the passenger seat forward for the first time today and found a safe underneath it, well not so much a safe as a strong box, and not a very strong box either, two hits with a hammer opened it and guess what was inside, that’s right nothing. I think the previous owner kept his sandwiches in it but only after he had licked them just incase, that’s how strong it was. :D

Tell me more about this. I thought the Ford underseat box was only for the optional (non-folding) passenger seat.

Is there a box that fits under the folding version? Can you still collapse the seat with that in place? It looks bloody tight under there once the squab is tipped forward & the seat back snaps down to the floor :roll:
2007 T230LX LWB (110PS) with aircon.

Vans are designed for people with imagination. Cars are so limiting ... what can you do with them?
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Colin.ah » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Lefty

A Ford optional extra, oh poop, we thought we had discovered a secret treasure chest when we found it :lol:

The seat folds down flat with the box underneath, one of us found the handbook and started reading it and discovered the passenger seat folded forward which will be useful for us, we went out to have a look, folded the seat forward and discovered what we thought was a safe, then a strong box and then discovered it was as strong as a bicuit tin.

But yes the seat does indeed fold flat with the box underneath.
Myself and three others run a charity to help long term unemployed teenagers and disabled adults in to work. We are restoring our Connect to carry kids and our tools from workplace to workplace.
Colin.ah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cal1990 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Just finished servicing her what a difference in power it feels! Just to blank off egr sometime this week then knock the guts out cat then maybe a remap after Xmas and the year end
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect