*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transitmania 6 top weekend

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Transitmania 6 top weekend

Postby aerialdave » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Top weekend @ billing aqudrome so much to do on park my kids enjoyed it & made a load of nice friends & loved the light show last nite, met some great characters & see a lot of nice vans, roll on 2015
Big thanks to the organisers happy days.
2014 custom sport
aerialdave
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Re: Transit mania 2014 top weekend

Postby Punto443 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Competition was tough for the best custom though!

Well done on first place dave :D
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby ake » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:28 pm

We're not long home, cracking weekend, I would like to thank:

Luke, Minormatt, Mealic, and everyone else who helped to make it happen,

Thanks to Martin for providing the Scottish contingent with beer when we ran out

Thanks to Martynx for running the Vantuner childcare centre for the second year running

Thanks to Tim, Andy and Charlie for the play in the MTdi vans

Thanks to all the forum members who paid their pounds and turned out for the weekend

See you all in a year :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby RustWidow » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Great time, cheeky vimtos, cider and wine very much enjoyed lolol thank you gaz, hope you found the "returns" before driving home lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:00 pm

we've just got back (well 20 mins ago but even i have to eat) managed to actually overtake 2 caravanners and an argos wagon on the way back :mrgreen: :mrgreen: result :lol:

big thanks to everyone who came and made it such a great weekend 8) 8) this years was definitely the best socially we had a huge crowd round in the evenings both friday and sat night :D got to meet some new faces and catch up with some old ones, we counted over 100 vans on the field sunday 8)

The weekend wouldnt have been so good without all the help i get we've loads of improvements to make next year even better 8)

The light show was a big hit and that will certainly be back next year, the pitstop tent was always busy and a great place to talk shop with a knowlidgable and friendly bunch thanks to MinorMatt and his crew especially Dieselhead :mrgreen: Mealic's disco entertainment was the best yet - brilliant to see so many people having a good time 8) All those who brought their kids along i hope they enjoyed it as much as my daughter did 8) - it was great to see them all there and getting involved especially judging the light show 8) The show and shine was a little down on last year but the quality of vans was top notch - we do need to get more of the early transits there next year :idea:

It will get confirmed later but I will do my best to book the same field for the same weekend next year so keep your diarys free - roll on Transitmania 7 8) 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Transitmania 6 top weekend

Postby karl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:18 pm

had a great time myself il be putting my work horse in the shows next year :D

was a bit dirty this year and ive already bought a new set of amber leds for next year :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Muttley » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Yeah, deffo a good one, best yet 8) Big thanks to all that organised it and those who turned up and made it so good :D :D
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Old Fords never die, however, mine are on life support
Fallen in love/hate with Mk6s
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby limitedblack » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes, special thanks to Matt & mealic who both make a huge difference to Transitmania yet stay out the limelight. Thanks guys.
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Altransit » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:06 pm

It's always hard thanking everyone involved because of all the background work going on, but thanks to Andy and Laura (Monster One, and Monster Ones Mrs) who put a lot of work into the trophy organising and vote counting, and are always good fun to talk to 8) 8) :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Mr RVM » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Gets better every year :D Big thanks to all who organised and contributed to a fantastic weekend :D Had a great time and got to meet some great guys as well as catching up with some "old friends"
Stayed the extra night as I had too much beer to bring back so put another hole in it last night (well it would have been rude not to :lol: )

Already looking forward to TM7 (hopefully next year i'll turn up in a transit that people will want to look at) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ake » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Restorationvanman wrote:Gets better every year :D Big thanks to all who organised and contributed to a fantastic weekend :D Had a great time and got to meet some great guys as well as catching up with some "old friends"
Stayed the extra night as I had too much beer to bring back so put another hole in it last night (well it would have been rude not to :lol: )

Already looking forward to TM7 (hopefully next year i'll turn up in a transit that people will want to look at) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We enjoyed looking at your honest, original example :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby RustWidow » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Restorationvanman wrote:Gets better every year :D Big thanks to all who organised and contributed to a fantastic weekend :D Had a great time and got to meet some great guys as well as catching up with some "old friends"

Lol I told you you should open a bar lol. Did you find the returned vimto ingredients before you drove home? Lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 pm

RustWidow wrote:

Lol I told you you should open a bar lol. Did you find the returned vimto ingredients before you drove home? Lol

Yes RW found them ok just sitting now partaking of a wee "cheeky vimto" (made with the finest quality port of course :wink: ) after the long drive home and a good soak in the bath :) was good to meet you and Mutts and also getting to see shorty in "the flesh" 8) 8) 8)
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby BigMonty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 pm

karl mcghee wrote:had a great time myself il be putting my work horse in the shows next year :D

was a bit dirty this year and ive already bought a new set of amber leds for next year :D

you will need to be capable of driving the old girl onto the field. :lol:
i would blame Restorationvanman if i were you. That's who Middle Monty and Myself are blaming for our hangover on Sunday morning :lol:
great weekend, loved every minute.
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby limitedblack » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

I'd like to thank the guy who provided the electricity for the disco tent and PA system. Top man :D
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Transitmania