*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TRANSITMANIA The Pit Stop!!

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

TRANSITMANIA The Pit Stop!!

Postby rover » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 pm

The pit stops at Transitmania will be your oportunity to get those little jobs done that you either dont know how to do or havent had time to do, as well as any niggles your van may have incured on the journey. At the moment I am thinking between maybe 10am and 4pm sat and 10am and 2pm sunday. I will be around most of the time to give a guiding hand and make sure no-one tries to injure themselves :lol:

Now we're not talking about engine changes or axle swaps here, nor will it be a case of expecting to get your van repaired for nowt just cos you're too lazy :!: :lol:

Hopefully we will have a tent (hopefully a big bugger :lol: ) just in case the weather aint great.

If any of you mechanical genius's want to help out and take the strain a little for me let me know.

Also I will not be bringing a mass of tools, so if anyone wants a particular job tackling then it would be an idea to have some tools in your van, that way you can keep an eye on your own stuff to make sure it doesnt go awol :wink:

There was talk of a 'cam belt challenge', I think someone else can organise that though as I get the feeling I may be busy :lol:

I will be starting a diary a week or so before the event, to make sure those that want a slot dont luck-out by just turning up and then finding there is no room :wink:

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: TRANSITMANIA The Pit Stop!!

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:59 pm

if anyones got a mk1/2/3 that wants a steering box drop arm removing post up :!: i can bring along my drop arm pullers :D obviously a complete steering box change is too big of a job to be doing but Kev will be able to break the age old seal for you, refit the arm and then when you get home you'll be able to remove it easly with a toffie hammer :D

or if anyones got a box cut out of a scrapper and needs the arm pulling off before you can use it you could bring that along for it splitting :idea: :D

btw i now have a family of pullers one for the normal box and one for the pas boxes :mrgreen:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby transitgeoff » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:52 pm

ive got a mini i could bring you needs a new gearbox fitting :D , classic of course :D
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rover » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 am

transitgeoff wrote:ive got a mini i could bring you needs a new gearbox fitting :D , classic of course :D

3 blokes, a bit of 4x4, a clutch puller and a socket set, 1 hours work 8) :lol: Oh, and a modified 1/2inch spanner to get at the f***ing engine mounts :lol:

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby transitgeoff » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:43 am

:lol: :lol: youve been there then :lol: :lol:
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rover » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 pm

transitgeoff wrote::lol: :lol: youve been there then :lol: :lol:

Many times :lol: :lol:
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby SCANIAMAN » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:28 pm

i have a problem that i know i can not tackle and to be honest, i cannot aford to be done at fords ,i have a stripped fuel pump bolt ,i have been told by a good tech lad ,that the timing case has to come off to get to it ,thats me knackered :oops: :oops: ..i admit i need help from the experts...can anyone help dont mind paying for the job ,but i would like done by someone with a passion ,rather than someone with dollar signs in there eyes...i want to keep the van for years,so would prefer to have it done by a enthusatic transit head ,can anyone help :?: :cry:
'OWNER OF VINTAGE HAMMERITE PAINT ! .........not that weak new rubbish '
' JUST ME AND MY DOG TOMMY VAN DAMAGE'

SUPPLYING PROTECTION DOGS FOR OVER 2 DECADES
SCANIAMAN
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rover » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 am

So have you stripped the thread out of the pump or off the bolt?

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby SCANIAMAN » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 am

i bought the van like that rover,i am not so heavy handed myself,it was'nt until i was told to check there by one of the lads off this site,that i found it out,as it all started with an oil leak i tried to cure,two of the pump bolts were hand tight and the other would'nt tighten :x it looks to me like a badly heavy handed fitting of a new pump ! :( the van still runs great,but i know that two bolts will eventually rock loose again :roll: so back to answering your question...its the pump housing thats stripped,in my eyes the only way that can be fixed is by new bolt,20mm longer with a nut on the back,to stop the drip and that will take some of the presure off the other two bolts,but easier said than done as its to complicated for me to do,i myself am just a' basic fixer upperer' :D i dont have that sort of know how...and now i feel worse and :oops:

SCANIAMAN
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rover » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am

I may be able to tap the hole out and fit a slightly larger bolt, bring some 'thread lock' with you and we'll sort it somehow :wink:

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby SCANIAMAN » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 am

that would be tip top if i could get this repaired...to be honest i have took the van off the road as i am scared incase i do more damage to it? :wink:

SCANIAMAN
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rover » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Well then peeps..

Seeing as this event is NEXT WEEKEND 8) , its about time I started a diary of sorts, so if there's anything you want doing/need a hand with just reply to this thread.

If there's a particular time and day you want then say so, if you will be there all weekend then we'll sort it out on the day :D

You can of course drop in to the pit stop(or come n find me :lol: ) with any niggles, or just to be nosey :lol: at any time during the weekend :D

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Gurj51ngh » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 pm

erm my whole van needs sorting mate. :lol:

There is like 1 problem which no 1 I mean no 1 has been able to sort out.

My van seems to over heat when I go over 70 mph, You can be standstill rev the crap out of the van and its fine only half way. I have had a new water pump flushed the system several times used the unblock rad thing. The only thing I can think of is head gasket?

I don't expect you to sort it out lol Just would be great if you could have a look and give me your opinion.

O yer also I need help trying to locate the reverse switch on gearbox as my lights have packed up.

:)

Construction, Bespoke Joinery & AV fit out services.
Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby rover » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Thing is there is no load on the engine when standing still, no matter how hard you rev it!

Also, those rad unblock solutions are total shite! Get yourself a new rad and I'd bet your trouble will go away :wink:

Best way to tell is take the top n bottom hoses off, stick a hosepipe in the top inlet and turn it on full, if the water comes back out the top quicker than it runs out the bottom the rad is partly blocked!

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rover » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Well who says Transits are not reliable, I only had five little jobs all weekend 8)

The only downside..... I had more time to eat n drink :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easiest job of the weekend??? Mk6 central locking!!, a desperate guy came n found me cos when he locked the van it would immediately unlock itself again, he'd had various reasons from fuses to motors before he found me... The solution??? shut the back door properly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im not sure if the guy was a FTF member or not as I didnt get his name........I bet he's glad of that :wink: :lol:

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Transitmania