*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Event feedback

Look in here for the latest on our show Transitmania 14 @ Santa Pod on 12th and 13th of August 2023 and information of past shows

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Re: Event feedback

Postby mealic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:17 pm

mealic wrote:
mealic wrote:It`ll be different next year kev.Looks as though Lukes Mk2 will have "Sophies Sounds"installed as Gurgh is sorting her playlists :lol: :lol: :lol:

oops, Gurj.Sorry mate.wrong spelling.

and whilst I`m on about spelling,if anybody had a "great weakend"it must have been down to Andy and his chicken cooking skills,but they looked OK to me. :lol: :lol:

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Vandalism » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Gurj51ngh wrote:They rolled up in their shitty Clio

my dad had some trouble from them aswell - he got up in the night for a pee and aparently they approached him accuseing him of being a drunk man causing trouble.......which he was not.....

and every time i got up in the night or the morning...there was a little clio van dotting about :roll:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rover » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Gurj51ngh wrote:
rover wrote:Well I have to say I had a realy Lazy weekend, I needed it 8) , only two people asked for help and they got it....whcih is strange since last year I had the pitstop sign out and no-one asked for help :lol:

Can't fault the organisation in any way, I just wish we didn't all have to have our vans rattling with the HEAVY BASS all day :!: The sound off is fair enough, but I heard literally dozens of people complaining about the noise, tone it down next year guys please :wink: It not all about the bass :!:

:lol: :lol: Also people need to stop blaming me every time there hear a bit of bass. Nearly got kicked out on Sunday morning by security. They rolled up in their shitty Clio saying how this ''Yellow'' Transit had been blaring music all through the night until 3am When I stated the van was turned of well before 11.00pm he goes if he finds out it was me, he will come back and have a serious word with me. SO I said I am standing here now have any word you want now as this is the only Yellow Transit here..........before things got out of hand a fellow forum member stepped in and told them to get bent and off they went.

I'm not blaming just you mate! But you are included as well as Guy, and Stu and a few others who's names I don't know. We know you all worked hard for you fantastic systems, and in competition nobody minds as its part of the show :D , I have several thousand watts in my own van (nothing compared to yours), but its the kind of event where people want to talk to each other.......not SHOUT :wink:
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 pm

MONSTER 0NE wrote:as I know sophie would like her own little transit Luke :D
yeah i think i can fit that in :lol:
on the subject of taking on more projects im seriously thiking of making a transit/trailer now (2 backs welded together) just to keep all the transitmania stuff in :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Gurj51ngh » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

rover wrote:
Gurj51ngh wrote:
rover wrote:Well I have to say I had a realy Lazy weekend, I needed it 8) , only two people asked for help and they got it....whcih is strange since last year I had the pitstop sign out and no-one asked for help :lol:

Can't fault the organisation in any way, I just wish we didn't all have to have our vans rattling with the HEAVY BASS all day :!: The sound off is fair enough, but I heard literally dozens of people complaining about the noise, tone it down next year guys please :wink: It not all about the bass :!:

:lol: :lol: Also people need to stop blaming me every time there hear a bit of bass. Nearly got kicked out on Sunday morning by security. They rolled up in their shitty Clio saying how this ''Yellow'' Transit had been blaring music all through the night until 3am When I stated the van was turned of well before 11.00pm he goes if he finds out it was me, he will come back and have a serious word with me. SO I said I am standing here now have any word you want now as this is the only Yellow Transit here..........before things got out of hand a fellow forum member stepped in and told them to get bent and off they went.

I'm not blaming just you mate! But you are included as well as Guy, and Stu and a few others who's names I don't know. We know you all worked hard for you fantastic systems, and in competition nobody minds as its part of the show :D , I have several thousand watts in my own van (nothing compared to yours), but its the kind of event where people want to talk to each other.......not SHOUT :wink:

Yer I totally agree mate, it can become annoying over time for some people this was the reason I turned the van before 11.00pm on Saturday night. But the fact is when its show and shine the next day everyone walking around tends to request for a quick demo and if your planning on winning any ICE trophies you give of a quick demo.

Also quit blaming me :!:

just messing :lol:

Construction, Bespoke Joinery & AV fit out services.
Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Gurj51ngh wrote:They rolled up in their shitty Clio

Now there's an idea for a game next year,

Transit Football, with the security guard's Clio as the ball :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby 2000transit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

another good show this year, i enjoyed it, thanks to all who aranged it, roll on next year, brilliant event,

can anyone sneak a burger van in next year :lol:
2000transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby AK » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Good to see the sercurity are still power hungry idiots, I was at billing a month ago camping with a group of friends and we had a running with the security, they tend to go in for the kill first before checking their facts first.

Another game suggestion is the quickest wheel change, only using mannual tools, and again the fastes person of the day wins a gift or something.

Or A bikini wash, something for the ladies to feel part of the event lol
Andrew

59 plate merc splinter Luton, 56 plate 100 TDCI 350 Crew/Camper conversion
AK
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Herts » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:17 pm

AK wrote:Another game suggestion is the quickest bikini wash n wax, something for the ladies to feel part of the event lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Andrew, hope you don't mind me mis-quoting you.

Andy
MK7 - 2.4 RWD/HR/LWB 3.5T 140HP (BIG BOYS TOY!)

Number 1 Emergency Call out Engineer!!!

http://www.hertsplumbinganddrainage.co.uk
Herts
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby AK » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

yeah that could be a good one too
Andrew

59 plate merc splinter Luton, 56 plate 100 TDCI 350 Crew/Camper conversion
AK
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi guys,i only came for the saturday first one for me just brill
i just enjoyed it all,cant beleve how everything is a team event,
just 1 word about help putting a marque up and 20 people apeared
within 10 minits its up,even down to LUKE ripping a guys steering wheel off
for a fiver ,a great day and glad to see all the guys,see you at the final makeover(lukes words) :) :)
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 pm

KING OF ENGLAND wrote:even down to LUKE ripping a guys steering wheel off
for a fiver ,a great day and glad to see all the guys,see you at the final makeover(lukes words) :) :)
:lol: i'd forgot about that :lol: never bet a fiver with a yorkshireman that he cant remove a steering wheel :lol:

and yes makeover 4 will be the final chapter :mrgreen: - keep an eye on the makover section for full details 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby davev6newman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:48 pm

A good game we had at Ford Corsair Rally was driving your motor blindfolded around a course with marker poles and a mate sitting in the passenger seat shouting out left, right, brake etc. Fastest round the course with no penalties is the winner.

I was only there for the day myself but had a real good time..Oh.......... and picked up a trophy!, thanks for all your votes.
davev6newman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Vandalism » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:52 pm

:lol: im prety sure if we drove our transits blind folded there would be a change of trouses needed for the co-driver
let alone the audience when you hurtle towards them :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby transittrev » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 pm

came down for sunday only in misses s car and youngest totally enjoyed it even my nipper did defo be there next year in van but well done luke and others top job keep the numbers rising :D i thought the catdaddy tribute trophy was a nice touch aswell well done
transittrev
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transitmania