*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Need help with Euroline (MK6 2003) aux 12v wiring

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Need help with Euroline (MK6 2003) aux 12v wiring

Postby juventusventus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:05 am

Hi everyone,

I have a Transit Euroline MK6 2003 van. It's a gem! Even though I'm quite a hands on/DIY kind of guy I can't seem to figure out how to:

1. Figure out why one of my cabin lights and aux 12v output doesn't work. It's the one all the way in the back of the cabin - see pic. Do you have suggestions where I should start and what I should I test with my voltmeter to find out where the problem comes from. Actually I don't know where exactly that light and aux 12v jack connects to - any tips would be very welcome.

2. By default, I have two batteries. One under the driver seat(main/engine battery) and a second one(leisure) connected trough a relay and located under the co-driver seat. I have noticed that almost all my in car stuff runs from the van's main battery(at least I think since when took out the 2nd bat. everything mentioned still worked) - the radio, 2x12v plugs in the front, the ceiling lights (except the neon ceiling light above the table), the cabin blower fan and who knows what else.
My question is: Is there an easy - or relatively easy - way to switch some or most of these energy consummers on to my 2nd battery - I'm especially interested in wiring the radio(original ford radio) and cabin lights to it.

If you need additional info to be able to help me, I will be glad to go measure any voltages, check any connections, photograph any parts necessary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juventusventus

Re: Need help with Euroline (MK6 2003) aux 12v wiring

Postby easogs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm

What model of batteries do you have ? I have a Euroline MK6 2003 and i am planning to change them.
easogs

Return to Camper vans and conversions