*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ELECTRIC HEATER.

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

ELECTRIC HEATER.

Postby mtbcol » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi everyone.

I want a small electric (oil filled?) heater to use in my van , mostly to leave on permanently through the winter when its parked up on the drive and hooked up to mains.

Is anyone else doing this and if so what are you using? I want something that is going to make a difference, but also not give me a huge electric bill at home of course.

It will also be used when we do the occasional overnight stop when mountain biking, so not too big.

Will be interesting to see what others are using.

Thank you.

Colin. :)
mtbcol
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: ELECTRIC HEATER.

Postby wronghole » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:07 pm

I use a 2 kW convention heater in my caravan :D 2 heat settings and a thermostat . instant heat and on it's lowest setting quite economical :D .£15 on Amazon :D
wronghole
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mistericeman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 pm

You'd be far better off with a dessicant type humidifier for keeping the van nice in winter (all a, heater is going to do is keep it aired and not remove the moisture.
what you are running the heater off will have most effect on what heater you have for when away.... if you're on mains hook up then cheap fan heater or oil filled rad.
mistericeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mtbcol » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Thank you both for your input.

mistericeman. I did a bit of research after reading your post and agree that a dessicant type dehumidifier would be the best option for us, with a fan heater or oil rad for nights away, once iv'e got our electric hook up set up.

Have you used one of these, and could you recommend a decent one? They all seem to be around the £100+ mark, so dont want to waste my money on a rubbish one.

Thanks' again.

Colin. :)
mtbcol
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions