*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

new MK7 Glastonbury camper

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: new MK7 Glastonbury camper

Postby fletchyfletch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:56 pm

CamperVanBeethoven wrote:
TT1 wrote:
CamperVanBeethoven wrote:looking nice :) I'm going too!

Campervan East or Campervan West? I'm in West...

Campervan East....hopefully...my camper isn't finished, late nights for me haha

So that's two for the fordtransit.org forum meetup ... lol ;)

Make that three! We're heading to site for about 8am Tuesday.
Ford Transit Mk7 FWD SWB 2011 2.2 litre
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Calomile » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Kecking it about how much of a camper will be passable - at the moment it's a rock and roll bed in the back with a makeshift shelf for cooking hanging off the back door. All insulated, ply lined and carpeted in the back now, just wondering if I throw together a small unit and set in place the single burner hob. Don't really want to have to cook inside if I can get away with it!

Disregard all the crap in the back - rock and roll bed pictured as well as all my work kit. Van will be dual purpose with removable bed for camping in, otherwise 95% of the time it'll just be a place to chuck camera kit into!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calomile

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 am

Calomile wrote:Kecking it about how much of a camper will be passable - at the moment it's a rock and roll bed in the back with a makeshift shelf for cooking hanging off the back door. All insulated, ply lined and carpeted in the back now, just wondering if I throw together a small unit and set in place the single burner hob. Don't really want to have to cook inside if I can get away with it!

Disregard all the crap in the back - rock and roll bed pictured as well as all my work kit. Van will be dual purpose with removable bed for camping in, otherwise 95% of the time it'll just be a place to chuck camera kit into!

Hello fellow camper :)

I vote for fixing down the hob. Purely because it's another point on the legal list for what's considered a campervan. You can take it back out when you get back if you want ;)

In previous years, there's never really been any sort of 'campervan police' who come and inspect your vehicle and declare it fit for purpose. Last year, I was giving someone else in our group a lift, and this was the entirety of the security procedures:

'So have you guys been here before'
'Oh yes. Many times'
'So you know what you shouldn't have with you, then'
'Yeah'
'OK, on you go'

However, checks are going to be considerably more thorough this year due to terrorist tits :( So the van is likely to be looked at more closely than vans have been in previous years ...

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/i ... t-holders/
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Well I got mine complete enough to take down to Glasto. Half the roof is uncarpeted, but that will have to do.

By the way, drugs are bad, mmkay? But also if any of you (like I) need to take prescription medicines down, bear this mind ...

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/i ... es-policy/

I expect this is because either the more thorough searches will uncover thousands of Es that get smuggled in as aspirin or whatever, and/or because people are taking in stuff like Ritalin and flogging it ;)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Update from a friend on Facebook ...

"One of my friends has just got in and tells me security is extremely stringent and if anyone's thinking of bringing anything they shouldn't then don't bother :-/"
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby imageoven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 am

Festival organisers are not the Dvla, they wont care if you,re sleeping on newspaper on the floor and cooking on a candle.

They don't want you smuggling people in, selling drugs, bringing your own soundsystem, selling dangerous wellies or trying to blow up Michael Eavis for having the wrong kind of beard.
imageoven
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Calomile » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 am

Just to add an update to my experiences thus far:

We made it! Got the only northerner who was doing security checks so he didn't even look in the back to make sure everything was kosher. I think he was happy to meet someone with the same accent as him as we spent most of the time chatting about home.

We ended up getting a borrow of a large dual burner with calor gas. It's upright so looks a little more robust than my little DIY shelf, but the shelf is handy for chilling out the back.

Main issues I have currently are that the LED load lights stay on for an absolute age and seem to have quite large current draw. There's apparently no way of switching them off without a hard wired switch, so I'm just going to have to run the van each day for 30 mins or so just to blip the battery up a bit (and enjoy some air con in this 32'c weather!!). Would have loved a leisure battery but on the mk8 this isn't a simple install I believe.

Would have loved a solar panel, gazebo and some fans for keeping cool but mercifully I think the weather will be getting cooler which should make being around the van in the mid day more tolerable.

The main bugbear at the moment is seeing everyone with huge campers, awnings, fridges and what have you and not feeling the pangs of jealousy, but I think we've done alright out of a couple weekends lining, insulating and making the rock and roll bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calomile

Postby TT1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 am

we arrived at 09:00 Tuesday morning and stayed in E17, countless VW Campers, I only saw 1 other transit campervan
TT1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cooter » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Hiya fellow Glastogoers!

I was there in E21 in my tranny smiley. Had it for 10 years and only used it for Glasto, sadly I'm selling it now because I've nowhere to store it until 2019.

Was another great festival by the way. The best ever as Michael would put it!

Anyway here's mine........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352103047463? ... 1555.l2649
Always smileying!
Cooter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:02 pm

TT1 wrote:we arrived at 09:00 Tuesday morning and stayed in E17, countless VW Campers, I only saw 1 other transit campervan

I was in E17 with my Mk7. We got in Tuesday about 11am though so would be quite far away from you.
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:09 am

Bloody hippies :P
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby fletchyfletch » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:Bloody hippies :P

Damn it BJT. If you hadn't thrown that insult you'd have been on 20,000 posts. That's karma for you, thats the ley lines showing their distain for your way-out vibes.. man

fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:37 pm

:lol: :lol: bloodl ell, bumcome x 2000000 :P
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Camper vans and conversions