*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

raised bed

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

raised bed

Postby surplus_6 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 pm

not a garden feature, but does anyone know if they make a bolt in bed like the kombi beds used in certain german vans? I like the idea of having lugage/storage room under the bed and also be able to unbolt it when not needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
surplus_6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: raised bed

Postby MikeHamling » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:13 pm

not that I've seen whilst looking for camper bits for mine but haven't been looking for one of these? Have you checked the usual van mod sites like Van Demon, Van-X, Kiravan...?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Owner of MK6 (Dec 2000 early facelift) LWB hightop motorhome conversion. 2.4l duratorq diesel.
MikeHamling
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby surplus_6 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 am

no but I will now 8)
surplus_6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby surplus_6 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:58 am

confused now, been looking at mk6/7 torneo's but have spotted a mk6 mwb torneo that I like (didn't know they did mwb tourneo) my question is how much more room from side doors to back door is there in a mwb? this could alter my raised bed design if the measurements work in my favour.
surplus_6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Beaker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:28 am

Don't know for sure, but on "normal" Transits the MWB is about 14 inches longer than tha SWB (between the wheels), a Tourneo should be roughly the same. That does not sound a lot, but is makes a hell of a big difference to the amount of internal space you have available.

I really wanted a MWB van for my camper, but I live in a Victorian terrace and don't have a garage or off street parking. I really did not want to piss off any more of my neighbours than was absolutely necessary - parking is a real problem as it is, so I ended up with a SWB.

If you have space for it, and you find one the right price, then I would definately recommend a MWB.
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Keef » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Last time I built a removable bed in the back of my van it was just a couple of lengths of 2" aluminium angle, one screwed to each side of the van with a removable slatted base that laid between the angle and a foam mattress on top. Lightweight, cheap and easy and about 10 mins to remove or refit because you can leave the angle in situ :wink:
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby surplus_6 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 pm

yes I have off road parking so can accommodate the extra 14 " (ooer) like the alli angle idea. 8)
surplus_6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby JayKay3000 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm

I saw an American guy had something similar this.

Image]

You can put those compact plastic storage containers under them.

Get a lwb van too.

Seems so long since I thought I could just buy a van and throw one of these and then use it in camp sites :lol: - UK laws. :roll:
JayKay3000
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Camper vans and conversions