*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 utilitarian transit

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 utilitarian transit

Postby mk2madman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 am

Hi I bought this mk7 jumbo 115 as a 2 owner van that had been owned by a hospice firstly who used to ferry screening equipment and people in wheelchairs about and the second owner who bought it and celotex lined bubble wrapped and ply lined the whole van whilst also making a couple of small beds to go fishing with. It had 107k on the clock and was a pretty straight van. It's been restricted to 70 from factory so I don't think it's had too much of a hard life.
I stripped out what had been put in and set about building it to my own requirements
Being used as our command centre for a 12hr endurance kart race complete with live timing commentary and video feed.
As with all projects their is loads more left to do all the light bars need to come back off to be powder coated. The roof rack/viewing platform needs chequer plating si it can be fully used. There is loads more Led lighting that still needs to be wired up outside and all the strip lighting inside needs finishing but it's in a usable state. All the seating is on Unwin rails so can be easily removed for extra external seating or more internal space and the front double seat swivels to also give more room. I have taken about 3 months so far to get it to this state but all
The small bits take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mk2madman

Return to Camper vans and conversions