*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What do you look for when buying a camper van conversion?

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

What do you look for when buying a camper van conversion?

Postby tmm » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi
I'm on with my second conversion which is a Transit mk6, lwb, high top(the one with the step in the door) which i'm hopefully just going to sell on once completed. I'm thinking of adding a room at the back of the van where i will be putting a toilet ( roughly about 700mm to 800mm wide and the width of the van)
What do you all think of this idea? would you personally want a area in the van for a toilet or would you just go for the option of a small porta toilet under a seat or in a cupboard? would you go for a 2 berth or 3 berth? What else other than the usual stuff would you look for when buying a conversion, i'm trying to get a list of most of popular thing to install into this van that ticks all the selling boxes.
Also looking for some ideas on the layouts you have all done over the years.
Cheers as always everyone.
tmm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: What do you look for when buying a camper van conversion

Postby john240758 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:27 pm

did this in my jumbo conversion so much easier than having to pull the van about in the night to use the loo. used a cassette toilet that is accessed from the rear doors which are boarded off inside for emptying and for flush filling opposite side of van is wardrobe space and gas bottle storage again accessed from outside with gas stop taps in bathroom for all appliances
john240758
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: What do you look for when buying a camper van conversion

Postby Beaker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm going to be honest straight off the bat - I don't know. One man's meat is another man's poison and one man's essential is another man's luxury, so it's really hard to say what is going to sell well - or not. All the V Dubs are dead basic once you take the bling away, but sell in an instant.

My gut feeling is that anything that looks good and has been done with care and pride should have no problems selling - regardless of the luxuries fitted (or not).

On that score, you should be quids in matey!
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions