*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

I now own a Motor Caravan!

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

I now own a Motor Caravan!

Postby Beaker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Just got my log book back from the DVLA - changed to a Motor Caravan.

I'm a happy bunny. :D :D :D
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: I now own a Motor Caravan!

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm

So can you go faster on duel carriageways ?
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beaker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:So can you go faster on duel carriageways ?

I believe can. From what I've read, if it's under three and a half tonnes (it's a T300) you can do 60mph on main roads and 70mph on dual carrigeways and motorways.

Mind you it's got a limiter at 70mph anyway.
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Campervan Handyman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Was looking at your posts to see any pics of your conversion but cant find any :-(
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

https://www.youtube.com/campervanhandyman
Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beaker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 pm

There's pictures in the "Campervan Progress Reports" thread at the top of the page. :D

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Campervan Handyman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Nope still no joy :-( new to forums and can not figure it out...... even been to your profile to search posts :-(
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby khould » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Just got our v5 back showing the van as a motor caravan with 4 seats, well chuffed
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beaker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Are you seeing a pink bar with "You do not have the required permisssions to view the files attached to this post" when you look at my posts on the "Campervan Progress Reports" thread at the top of the page?

If you are, what you need to do is log into the forum with your username and password, then try looking at the thread again. You should now have all the photos visible on the page.

You cannot view these photos without being logged in as they were uploaded from my computer, and not from a photo sharing site like Imgur or Photobucket. So if you see that pink bar with no images on any post on here, just log in and you should be able to see them.
Last edited by Beaker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 pm

khould wrote:Just got our v5 back showing the van as a motor caravan with 4 seats, well chuffed

Well done matey! :D :D :D

Stick some pictures up, I'd love to see them. 8)

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dumper » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 pm

For a campervan to be able to do 60mph &70 mph on single and duel carriageway it has to be no more then 3050 kgs unladen weight so if unsure get it on a weight bridge with low fuel no spare wheel or tools and empty everything out of the van when i did my jumbo I sentin a photo of it on the weight bridge
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:30 pm

dumper wrote:For a campervan to be able to do 60mph &70 mph on single and duel carriageway it has to be no more then 3050 kgs unladen weight so if unsure get it on a weight bridge with low fuel no spare wheel or tools and empty everything out of the van when i did my jumbo I sent in a photo of it on the weight bridge

surely it goes on whats stamped on the plate or log book or something :? not what the actual weight is/was - if it was it would be open for abuse - seems a bit vague

btw if anyone needs a weighbridge in the sheffield area drop me a pm i have one at work you can use :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Beaker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Here you go:

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

I was wrong on one bit - I thought it was 3.5 tonnes laden - it's actually 3.05 tonnes unladen; but yes, once you've got it re-registered as a Motor Caravan and it's 3050kg max unladen, you can do the 60mph on single carrigeways and 70mph on dual carrigeways and motorways.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:25 am

Beaker wrote:Are you seeing a pink bar with "You do not have the required permisssions to view the files attached to this post" when you look at my posts on the "Campervan Progress Reports" thread at the top of the page?

If you are, what you need to do is log into the forum with your username and password, then try looking at the thread again. You should now have all the photos visible on the page.

You cannot view these photos without being logged in as they were uploaded from my computer, and not from a photo sharing site like Imgur or Photobucket. So if you see that pink bar with no images on any post on here, just log in and you should be able to see them.

I am logged in, No pink bar.... Just cant find the post ! Any chance you can put a link to it ?

Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:29 am

Luke wrote:btw if anyone needs a weighbridge in the sheffield area drop me a pm i have one at work you can use :D

When I go to the tip with rubbish they always weigh me going in and again going out, i think when the campervan finished I will take a bit of junk and then ask them for a print out on the way out lol :-)

Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beaker » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 am

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions