*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ctek 250sa wiring for leisure battery camper electrics

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

ctek 250sa wiring for leisure battery camper electrics

Postby trannydenz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:37 pm

bought a ctek250sa to charge leisure battery and wondered if anyone knows where to pick up the live ignition feed. i aint got a clue when it comes to electrics so if anyone knows who can wire all the electrics in a dayvan will be appreciated (Walsall), i think the main man is King of England on here but i cant get hold of him, where are you Craig mar mate!!!!!!
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: ctek 250sa wiring for leisure battery camper electrics

Postby hectors-tranny » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Hello mate - nice bit of kit. I was interested in it so had a read up. I was also surprised that you would need to wire this sort of device into the ignition circuit.

Thing is, I don't think you do! I'm not sure though, so maybe someone else here can confirm. Here's the manual...

http://www.autoelec.com.au/assets/broch ... -UK-EN.pdf

Look at the wiring diagram on the right of page 8.

As Battery-to-Battery charger, you only need to connect the device (suitably fused) to your starter and leisure battery positives, then earth the device.
hectors-tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trannydenz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm

i think its only if the vehicle has a smart alternator it needs wiring to the ignition live, ive decided not to wire it up myself and still looking for someone to wire all the electrics
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trickywu04 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 pm

i have this set up with the smart pass too. one wire connection right to the positive of the battery under the driver seat. Its an extremely well designed product and the closest to plug and play you will get.

regards david
trickywu04

Return to Camper vans and conversions