*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Replacing/changing doors

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Replacing/changing doors

Postby GuyT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Evening all,

Has anyone changed the rear or side doors on their van (Mk7) recently?

I picked up some replacement doors, rear and sliding (left) side with windows.... it was both cheaper and potentially easier than having windows fitted!! I need to tint the windows but that shouldn’t be too much trouble :lol:

As I am short on time would it be easier to change the side sliding door, or the rear doors, if I only had time to do one or the other? I am thinking probably the side door as there is no wiring for brake light etc but I don’t know. I’m also likely to be doing this on my own and therefore the rear doors maybe easier than trying to get the side door on singlehandedly ..... which really could be a challenge. Will I need to do anything particular to get the locks working on the replacement doors, central locking etc?

If anyone has any practical advice I’d be most grateful.

Cheers
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Replacing/changing doors

Postby martynx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Sliding doors have contacts on lower rear inner edge of door & on the van's door shut so a simple door swap & no wiring to disconnect but rears will have wiring in a black plastic protector sleeve,

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Replacing/changing doors

Postby GuyT » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks for the note Martyn. I did the side door and it was a breeze even single-handedly..... unfortunately my installation of privacy film wasn't quite up to scratch so that'll need redoing.

I also need to speak to you about a remap and I am pretty sure you live at the end of my road, literally!! :lol: .... if you're the Martyn who i think you are :D

Cheers
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions