*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Roof bars and fiamma awning

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Roof bars and fiamma awning

Postby sbw » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Is it possible to install roof bars and a fiamma F35 awning to a SWB meduim roof transit. I have a roof box and F35 awning left over from an older (not transit) conversion I would like to put on my 2011 transit. I have brackets to attach the awning to the roof bars but with the medium roof this makes the awning a bit high up to easily unroll. Has anyone fitted a Fiamma awning and roof bars together. As most roof bars attached to the gutters with long brackets this would prevent me mounting the awning to the bodywork. I thought there might be a way of mounting the awning to the brackets or gutter with the roofbar brackets on or are there any roof bars that do not use brackets to the gutter e.g that bolt to the roof.
sbw

Re: Roof bars and fiamma awning

Postby hectors-tranny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Wouldn't it be relatively straighforward to drill the roof bar brackets and bolt the awning brackets on to them? (I'm assuming the Rhino bars that have solid steel triangular brackets.)

There are no holes the Mk7 for roof mounted bars.
hectors-tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions