*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

rear seat/ bed oprtions

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

rear seat/ bed oprtions

Postby sonja » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 am

Hi am new to this and just about to get swb low roof ex AA transit converted to a camper. which rear seats do you have fitted? ideally looking for a 130cm width option so we can fit 3 seat belts plus have some room on side for some storage cupboards. looking at the RIB option as is crash tested but wondering if there are other options safe for young children to travel which also make a comfy bed when opened out? also interested in what the dimension is from top of seat (in seat mode) to the low roof so we know if there is space for a tall adult to sit in back?
TIA
sonja

Re: rear seat/ bed oprtions

Postby Tango330 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

I've got a middle row out of a tourneo in mine. the back folds down but it does mean the bed is then quite high.

Used as a seat, it's fine, I'm 6ft and there's clearance above my bonce :D Plus mine is a RWD RAC van so the floor is 100 mm higher to start with.
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Camper vans and conversions