*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Window Addition on a VJ High Roof

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Window Addition on a VJ High Roof

Postby RauchRauch86 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:09 am

Hello Everyone!

Second post here, on the hunt for a Transit for a van conversion since a while and I am a bit stuck.
This forum has eventually become my daily scroll so I thought I might get some good advice.

Main things for me are High roof and ideally a fully glassed option (ok LWB/MWB, but no SWB)
Main problem, of course, the budget :))

Based on all the above, and trying to avoid body mods, VASS and other expensive headaches, all that is left is something like the picture attached, often advertised as VJ High Roof.

I must have been lucky at the start, because after a couple of good finds missed by a whisker, nothing like this shows up on the market unless not fully rigged AKA above budget.

Questions:

Did a professional ever installed original Transit windows for you on paneled van? Did you do it yourself?

Do you need a VASS Certificate/Inspections or the like to install windows on the van? How Expensive?

What is the Exact Model to describe the one in the picture? I still haven't found out in months an people come up with all sort of names.

Thanks so much to anyone who read the whole thing;
I guess this is more intended for the Aussie crowd, but knowing your experiences and ballpark figures about this would help a lot .
If the window addition is not too expensive the range to choose from will be so much wider as I could choose from all the fully paneled ones!

Thanks everyone for your help!
R
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RauchRauch86

Re: Window Addition on a VJ High Roof

Postby Chug » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:14 am

1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Camper vans and conversions